A call to all who have not done all they can

KauaiLulu
on 12/28/11 1:20 pm - HI
Facts:  I am officially 5 months post-op.  I have been reading these boards for at least 9 months.  I post occassionally.  I want communication with those that are (re)committed for the New Year.

I get much knowledge from USAWife, Frisco, StillFawn, BelizeSleeve (and many others)  I get great enjoyment (and info) from JennChapp, Waffle to name a few.

What I would love is for some communication from folks who are 4, 5, or 6 months out (or anyone for that matter) that need an attitude adjustment or something along those lines. I have done well, or okay, 65 pounds is great but I have been a little slack with my eating. I envisioned something a little different when I began this journey and find myself not being as strict or "militant" as I thought I would be and I want to make the most of this time period.

Please help me with this and I believe it will also help you.  I admit that I have not tracked my intake and that is what I am committing to for the New Year (and going forward in general.) It is not as if I go crazy with eating  but I don't for certain know what 2, 3 or even 4 ounces of food looks like or is.

I would love to know who I can write to on a regular basis and can we can hold eachother accountable.  If anyone is interested, please respond to this post.

Mahalo,

Lulu
Enjoying the journey......

A_NewFuture
on 12/28/11 1:44 pm - Saginaw, MI
 HI LuLu,
     I don't know how much help I would be as I am the same I don't know what the ounces of food looks like but I am only 2 mos almost 3 mos out and I don't want to become one of those that get comfortable with eating whatever I want either. I want to be able to stay on track. I too have not even began to track my food as I had many complications of even keeping food down but as I am starting to be able to I have now joined the MyFitnessPlan but haven't really gotten into the habit of tracking my food yet. So Maybe this is someplace we can help eachother? I will send a FR as soon as I am done writing.

GOD BLESS

RAQUEL

With Gods help I am going to beat this!  

Shana16
on 12/28/11 2:13 pm - Las Vegas, NV
I am about 9 months out.  I have not been eating well I also have been lossing and gaining the same weight for 3 months now!! So pissed with myself.  I track my diet at myfitnesspal.com and there is another one fatsecert.com. Best of luck to us all!!!!
 LIVE HOPE DREAM

Shana

julyxo84
on 12/28/11 3:02 pm - Pembroke Pines, FL
 I'm down for getting our butts back on track! I'm 11 (almost 12) months out. And I will admit my eating isn't so well. I plan on the new year to get more protein and water in daily!
 [ Hi, I'm stefanie, I'm 28 years old and 5'3'' ]

Trish-hoping
on 12/28/11 8:57 pm - Benton, Canada
K this is a club I can join but wish i couldn't! I am now...14 months out. Did extremely well for the first 6 months. Am down 120lbs but have been the same now for over 6 months. I realize that my tool is not broken, my head is!! I am so wanting to continue to lose weight but find myself often caught in the carb loop, yes I am addicted to carbs and perhaps always will be. i should be smarter and stay away from them but alas I do not. I had hoped the sleeve would make me "normal" and that i could eat all in moderation but it seems I will always have head issues with food and my sweet tooth. So...where to from here? Hopefully back on the lowcarb wagon and onto further success. Thanks for listening and caring...Trish Still Hoping
HW-362 SW-330  (21lbs lost on pre-op diet)  Over HALF way there!!  
Rekeca
on 12/28/11 10:54 pm - NC
I admit, I need to get back on track as well. I am addicted to sweet things. If I can get that under control I would be a bad somebody because I know the weight would just fall off. Sweets are and have always been my downfall. I am commited to getting myself back on track. If we all support each other we can get through this.

nsblue
on 12/28/11 11:04 pm - Brookfield. NS, Canada
I know I am only 3 weeks out, but what I have found on my journey is being accountable to self and those around you is a MUST. I know on my facebook I have basically bore all... if I didnt I knew I could go and hide and cheat to my hearts desire... but no I told all, showed all and it has helped me immensely along the way... and the support i have is phenominal. I have a total of close to 327 pounds off and feeling FANTASTIC!!! I know I will NEVER go back... i weigh myself everyday and i log my food everyday....and exercise.... this change of lifestyle... behaviours,  and habits is the key to success.

All the best to you all... you have to tool... now change  YOU and shoot for the stars!!!!

Jocelyn P.
on 12/28/11 11:07 pm - San Antonio, TX
Count me in. I need to start weighing and measuring my food again. And track every thing.

I lost weight for about 6 months and then stopped. Weighed the same for the next 5 months. Needed to shake up my system and then started losing a little bit more. But I need the accountability too.

5' tall  HW209/SW194/CW153.4/GW140
It's never too late to be who you might have been. ~George Eliot  

happyteacher
on 12/28/11 11:50 pm
 Lulu,

I just wanted to say thank you for this post.  I have not been around a long time, but I think you are addressing a critical issue.  New sleevers seem to do well from novely or fear of overeating.  The vets figured it out and try mightily to help everybody stay on track, thank goodness!  But I have not seen a call for the mid way folks or folks that are struggling a bit to come together and try to get one another on track.  I think personally this is the elephant in the room and the more it is posted about likely the more people will be helped.  I wish you the very best in your efforts to refocus and I am sending good karma your way!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 388 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views