Body Bugg

atomic_bettie
on 12/30/11 2:08 am - OK
I've been thinking about ordering a bodybugg:   www.amazon.com/Biggest-bodybugg-System-12-Month-Subscription /dp/B00332187G.  I think seeing the in/out calories would let me see a bigger picture.  Have any of you used it?  If so, what did you think of it? 
Visit my WLS blog:  themisfitscarlett.blogspot.com                                    
Chelle2380
on 12/30/11 2:21 am, edited 12/30/11 2:29 am - TX
I have a BODYMEDIA and its the same thing as a body bugg but cheaper and loved it. The only thing is my subscription expired this month.  I am still debating on if I should wait until I ramp up my excersize.  The only problem I ever had was that the arm band can cause a rash on your arm.  But that is probably because the only time I took it off was to take a shower. 

ChangingNow
on 12/30/11 2:22 am - OH

I don't have any experience with the BodyBugg, but I bought my mother a Fitbit and it works quite well.  Check that one out too.

http://www.fitbit.com/

http://tweakfit.com/fitbit-vs-bodybugg-reviews

Marcia B.
on 12/30/11 2:47 am - CA
I couldn't afford the bodybugg or the monthly fee for the service and site, but I could afford a fitbit and I love it... :) and I can see calories in and calories out  I go no where without it.
Philippians 4:13 -  I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Jamie_45
on 12/30/11 3:13 am - CA
VSG on 01/09/12
I have a Body Bugg and love it. However, caloriecount.com and fitday will also keep track and you still have to input the food on Body Bugg account. The exercise easier as it uploads directly to your account and counts all calories burned... even if your sitting (lol)

mulder1921
on 12/30/11 3:58 am - OH
I loved mine ( I had one from Bodymedia). I thought it was amazing to see what I was expending calorie wise. I stopped using mine because my subscription was up and I just couldn't afford it anymore. If you don't want to pay full price I would be willing to sell you mine for a greatly reduced cost. PM if you are interested or if you have any other questions.

tanieanie
on 12/30/11 4:20 am - WI
I absolutely loved my bodybugg and used it religously befor my surgery for a year.  Now,  My hubby wants to reactivate it and use it himself.   They are a great wealth of information and fun to use.  willing to answer any questions you have about them.

Tanya

atomic_bettie
on 12/30/11 5:04 am - OK
Thanks guys!  I think I'm pretty well talked into getting one!  Mulder, I have PMed you.  I think it will keep me motivated exercise wise.  There is something about having something on your body telling you how many calories I'm burning seems a lot more accurate than a calorie counter on an exercise machine.  Plus, I think paying for it will help me in logging food....because I don't do that anymore and I definitely need to start doing it.  The numbers haven't been fallig like they once were when I was vigilent. 
Visit my WLS blog:  themisfitscarlett.blogspot.com                                    
rainsong
on 12/30/11 11:30 am
Sorry i'm late responding... but I have a Bodymedia and I brought it about a month before my surgery. I LOVE it! I use it as a great motivating tool for me. Each day I make sure to get more steps on then the previous day and increase my calorie burn. I've used it since the day I got him for the hospital last week. My surgeon says that I can exercise as long as I'm not in any pain. So I've walked on my treadmill faithfully since about four days post op. My hubby insists that I shouldn't start running again until after my two week appt next week. But when I'm cleared I'm going to purchase a Garmin Forerunner 60 because it works with the BodyMedia and detects my heartbeat.

I'm a HUGE researcher of all things before I buy them and I'll tell you, I am super please with my BodyMedia and would highly suggest everyone use it!

1 month: 25 lbs; 2 month: 19.5 lb; 3 month: 14.6

JNelson825
on 12/30/11 11:39 am - CA
I got the Bodymedia from Costco last year.  They have it on sale right now for $149.99 whi*****ludes a years subscription.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 75 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 277 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views