Gained weight

coralnichols
on 1/2/12 12:53 am - NC
how in the world did I gain three pounds???/ WTH

NanaDebby65
on 1/2/12 1:02 am - North Richland Hills, TX
Very simple, water retention. It happens especially if you are eating high sodium/carb foods. You probably are able to eat mushies/soft foods. So look at the types of foods you are eating. Are you using chicken broth? Mashed potatoes? My favorite combination on the soft stage was instant mashed potatoes made with chicken broth. VERY HIGH IN SODIUM!! Anyway, you just might take a look at your soduim and carb intake. High counts could equal water retention.

I know during my losing phase, I would lose 5 lbs then go back up a couple of lbs then a few days later I would lose 5 lbs then go back up a couple. It was very frustrating to watch daily.

Hang in there!!
HW: 228/GW: 140/CW: 134    
Mom4Jazz
on 1/2/12 1:03 am
Depends on in what time period and what you were eating. We'd need more information.

In a short time, it's frequently fluids. Have you eaten a lot of sodium? Are you approaching a monthly cycle?

Highest weight: 335 lbs, BMI 50.9
Pre-op weight: 319 lbs, BMI 48.5
Current range: 140-144, BMI 21.3 - 22

175+ lbs lost, maintaining since February 2012

heatherdw
on 1/2/12 5:00 am
I still do that and I'm 6 months out.  I'll lose 5 and gain 2 or 3 and then start the cycle over again.  I started weighing on Sundays and looking at my weight loss between Sundays.  That way the daily up and down isn't so hard to take.  If you are weighing every day you will drive yourself crazy unless you start charting your progress each week.
Heather, SAHM to 2 (ages 3 and 7), Student

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 291 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 343 views