ITCHY

mendez2011
on 1/2/12 11:49 pm - CA
Hi All! My stomach really itches allot. If I scratch it, I get all these bumps on it like a rash. They do go away for the most part but if I scratch them, they come back. Anyone have this or have had this going on? What could it be? any ideas?
Help....

bbtwins28
on 1/3/12 12:02 am
I had the same thing happen. I put benadryl cream on it for itching and also got the benadry pills too. It went away after about 4-5 days. I think it was from the glue or internal stitches.
No More Spanx
on 1/3/12 12:21 am - Rock Island, IL
Me too!  I had horrible itching for about 4 - 5 days that nothing would help.  The doctor said I may be having a reaction to the glue from the steri-strips or from the yellow antiseptic they use to prep the surgery site.   I bought bandage adhesive remover from our local pharmacy which helped a little...but I didn't want to get too close to the steri-strips.  Good luck...I know it can be uncomforatble. 

Ann
HT: 5'3"    HW: 235   Starting  BMI: 41.6     CW: 128  Current     BMI: 22.6                    

Ms. Poker Face
on 1/3/12 2:40 am
I had this bad for a week or two.  I think it was a reaction to the tape they used on the initial bandages.  I used hydrocortizone cream on the bumpy areas, but not on my incisions (per doctor's orders).

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 289 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 341 views