Funny Pre-op discovery

Jamie_45
on 1/2/12 5:11 am - CA
VSG on 01/09/12
Okay so in exactly one week I will be sleeved!  I'm one week into my pre-op protein diet and just had the oddest thing happen...
I'm trying to get all my chores done before I head to hospital so was organizing and putting away my Christmas decorations.  All of a sudden I realized I just couldn't bend over any more because my stomach was too full after lunch!!!  I think I'm going to love my sleeve!  Happy New Year

Tirza T.
on 1/2/12 5:37 am
VSG on 01/17/12
LOL, I was just saying something like this to a friend. My NUT wants us to do a 1000 calorie diet that is low in carbs and high in protein. I was diagnosed with an enlarged fatty liver when I was 100 pounds thinner that I am today. Because of this, my 2 week pre-op diet became a 3 week diet. Today marks one full week on the pre-op diet. The first two days I was really hungry. Because I am eating decent amounts of protein every 2 to 3 hours I have now stopped getting hungery. For 3 days I was only getting about 700 calories in because I was too full and didn't  feel like eating anymore (never thought those words would ever come out of my mouth) and now I am  forcing myself to eat more calories because I had fainted on Friday. It is amazing! The only times I ever felt full was when my stomach was in agony because I stuffed it beyond capacity; this is a completely different feeling and something I can definitely get used to. Congrats on your full feeling!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 162 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 437 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 458 views