ughhh neeeded motivation and exercise help

megan L.
on 1/3/12 1:55 pm - NJ
so my boyfriend is overweight and is always ordering in im eating barley anything but none of it is healthy plus there isnt alot of food in the house and i have no reciepes!
i lost a bunch of weight in the begggining but now i am up and down with my weight cuz of the unhealthy foods and carbs.
i am working now on it i am only doing pureed or soft foods now so any ideas of what i can eat?
and i neeed exercise ideas for what i should be doing now please help me. i dont want my boyfriend to sabotage this for me.

(deactivated member)
on 1/3/12 2:49 pm
It does not sound like your surgeon or NUT provided you with a post op eating plan, which is sad.  If you are eating pureed & soft foods, I would recommend eating Greek Yogurt, high protein puddings (though I don't think they're the best tasting...), cottage cheese, ricotta cheese (you can make a mean ricotta bake!) soft fish like tilapia or soul, and well blended tuna or chicken salad. Some plans also allow for lunch meat during the soft food phase. Mine does and I'm eating a lot of turkey roll ups!

Okay, not to sound too harsh, but you've gotta get on track - no more unhealthy food. You had major surgery three weeks ago to help you lose weight and improve your health. Don't blow it. You've got a great tool that needs to be babied and heal beautifully so it can be a tool that lasts your entire life. So change directions and be successful. If I can do it, so can you! Good luck!

acbbrown
on 1/3/12 3:01 pm - Granada Hills, CA
 I think the first thing you need to realize is that you are completely responsible for your life and choices. You can't blame the bf - just bc it's there is not an excuse to eat it. 

That being said, if you're like me and have self control issues at time, you also make the choice to allow that unhealthy stuff in your environment. If he wants to eat crap, he should respect you enough to go eat it outside. Maybe have a chat with him. It's very important to have a strong support system especially with the ones who you spend the most time with. 

A large portion of my success has been because of meticulous planning. For me, I refuse to have an empty fridge and cabinets. I always keep my house well
Stocked with healthy nutritious choices and I plan my meals ahead of time. If I have to make a choice about what to eat when I'm hungry and my only option is junk
- guess what? Im going with the junk. Now if I have a healthy alternative, it's much easier to pass up the junk. If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. 

As for exercise, maybe start walking. Start out where you are comfortable, set some goals, and build up. If bf insists on eating junk, get up and leave for a walk. Maybe repeatedly eating alone would encourage him to be more considerate. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

megan L.
on 1/4/12 9:44 am - NJ
thank you guys

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 161 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 433 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op