ulcers

IanJJB
on 1/3/12 11:38 am - WA
VSG on 03/20/12
Got to ask about ulcers. I might have one and need to know if they can pose an issue for surgery? Getting an upper GI to see if I truely have one. Would apperciate any and all info and experiences. Thank you.
Ian Beck
kimbethin
on 1/3/12 1:39 pm - CA
I did not have one, so I'm really no expert.  If you do have an ulcer, it seems as though the location of the ulcer makes a difference.  Your surgeon may want to delay surgery and treat the ulcer first.  Let's hope the upper GI has good results so you won't have that to worry about.  I think I have seen other posts about ulcers pre-op.  Have you tried the search function on this site?  That would bring up previous posts that will be more helpful to you.  Good luck!
putting one foot in front of the other...        
Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 1/3/12 4:50 pm
VSG on 10/09/12
I have one which was discovered during the pre op exams. My surgeon thought treatment time was sufficient between when I found out and the first surgery date we had set. The gastro interologist did not agree. It depends on the treatment protocol and time of treatment. My gastro said 14 days of antibiotics and ppi then 14 days just ppi then a month of nothing and then another endoscopy. So I opted to postpone the surgery until all that is done.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 132 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 390 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 422 views