My scale is going the wrong way

mylifegr8
on 1/4/12 7:14 am - IL
I don't understand, I am 2 weeks postop and not only have I stalled my scale says I have gained 3 pounds. How can this be? I am going to the gym 3-4 times a week. Trying hard to get in all my water and protein. I'm so upset, now what
happyteacher
on 1/4/12 7:19 am
 Turn your scale upside down and see if that helps ;) 

It is very common for folks to stall out around this time, just stick to your plan and it will resume after a whille.  I lost weight the first few days, then not a pound for 2 weeks.  It is starting to drop again.  I did lose a lot of inches during that time so try to notice if that is happening- it will make you feel better!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

mylifegr8
on 1/4/12 7:29 am - IL
Thank you, I thought about it today I decided maybe not to check the scale everyday. It took me a few days just to get up the nerve to post this, it almost feels like failure to come out and say what it going on with my weight loss. But to get a positive response helps so much. Thanks again
SleevedLife
on 1/4/12 7:49 am, edited 1/4/12 7:50 am
Likely jus****er weight, it'll come off!  I know it's disheartening, though. 

As a side note -you are only 2 weeks out and you are going to the gym 3-4 times a week??  What are you doing there?  I wasn't cleared for exercise at 2 weeks out - in fact, I don't get cleared until 6 weeks!   I hope you are taking it easy.  

Hang in there.  Scales are stupid and not to be trusted.   If you haven't done it already, take your measurements.  When you get into an inevitable stall, it sometimes reassuring to see the inches are still coming off! 

ETA: you are NOT a failure!  You sound very determined and dedicated, so you'll do great with your sleeve!! 

Nutshell:

Lost 140 lbs with VSG. (Hooray!!)

got pregnant  (yeaaaa!)  

got cancer (boooo!)

regained 40 lbs.   (grrrr!)

In summary: Alive & Grateful.   

mylifegr8
on 1/4/12 7:55 am - IL
I was informed by my Dr office that by the end of my 2nd week that I need to be walking 2 miles. I started off slow and am progressing I can now do 2 miles on the treadmill it takes me about 45 minutes. No I haven't done measurements, maybe I should try that too. Thank you for you thoughts and words of encouragement. I dont have a support system at home so I love reading everyone's experiences.
SleevedLife
on 1/4/12 8:20 am
That's great - 2 miles on the treadmill is fantastic.  Way to go!   I wish my doctor would clear me for exercise on the treadmill.  You are tempting me to start anyway!  ;)  (Because why would walking on the treadmill be anymore dangerous than walking around the house or neighborhood? Right?) 

You are doing great - and definitely take those measurements!  They've been a big morale booster for me when I needed them! 

Nutshell:

Lost 140 lbs with VSG. (Hooray!!)

got pregnant  (yeaaaa!)  

got cancer (boooo!)

regained 40 lbs.   (grrrr!)

In summary: Alive & Grateful.   

(deactivated member)
on 1/4/12 9:50 am
oh my lord... I can only do 1/2 a mile on the treadmill and that takes me 15 min... *sigh* i wonder if I'm not pushing myself enough...
mylifegr8
on 1/4/12 10:01 am - IL
Your doing great, we all have our own exercising pace. I was walking 5k before surgery, so I probably need to step it up to boost my metabolism.
(deactivated member)
on 1/4/12 10:07 am
Oh... ok. I was doing absolutely nothing before surgery. I thought I should be doing more by now but I didn't know how much. It's sad that I'm new to walking! 5k before surgery?? That's insane! You're going to be running marathons soon enough!
Iggy-Daddy
on 1/4/12 11:01 am - TX
 I'm 3 weeks post op myself and I lost 20 pounds the first two weeks, but stayed put the third week.  I think it's pretty normal.  Our bodies will take some time to adjust to the new "normal" soon enough.  Keep up the protein and fluids and don't get discouraged.

d

~ There are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary, and those who don't. ~

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 402 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 429 views