Swim suit shopping

Kimmes
on 1/7/12 10:43 pm
We are going on vacation in about a month and I need some new swimming suits.  My old ones are way to big (of course losing 95 pounds will do that to you!)

SO here is our challenge.  I am 5'8" tall and weigh 144.  I am not going to ever wear a bikini - but will do a tankini or one piece.  My collarbones and shoulder bones stick out further than my post weightloss boobs!  I look like a boy in every suit I try.

I have been looking for a suit with some pretty big padding (ala victoria's secrety) but I am not finding many!  I never ever bought padded suits before - because my girls were just right fine.  But now I definately need padding... and lots of it.  My darling hubby says he likes my little girls and does not want me to have augmentation - so I am going to have to learn to live with what I now have.  That is just fine by me - because Victoria Secret has some amazing bras that make me look like I am out of a training bra.... but the secret is - I think I could fit into a training bra.  

Do you have any suggestions for where to shop - either stores at the mall or online?  I have tried Macys, Herbergers, Victoria Secret, JC Penney and I am not having any luck!  Vacation is on Feb 10th so I need to get shopping!

Thanks for any suggestions - and for any newbies - I am not complaining!  I will take this challenge over my former obese self - before I did not even want to show my self in public in a swim suit because i was a size 16/18... now as a size 4/6 I am just boobie challenged!
Kim

Had VSG on Jan 6, 2011 with Dr. Jaime Ramos-Kelly
Start weight 239.8/Su
rgery Day 217.6/goal:155/Current Weight 144.0  I made it -Goal in less than 10 months

LilySlim - Personal pictureLilySlim Weight loss tickers

P_B
on 1/7/12 11:06 pm - Norfolk, VA
Target has their suits out just this week maybe try there?

karenmac3
on 1/7/12 11:09 pm - Dunlap, IL
Try speedo.com they make a ton of cute tankinis etc these days and are definitely better for the less of chest
 38 yrs old, 5'8"   HW: 338   SW: 307.2   CW: 235.0

No More Spanx
on 1/8/12 12:14 am - Rock Island, IL
I bought some really great suits at Target for my Christmas Cruise.  I purchase a simple black bikini skirt and then bought 3 different colored/styled tankini's for three different looks.  If you have a Target, look for the tankini top that is black and looks like lace.  My girls are nearly gone and droopy too but this top made them look fantastic.  I received many compliments!  You can never fail on the "sexy" meter with an all black suit.

Good luck!!

Ann
HT: 5'3"    HW: 235   Starting  BMI: 41.6     CW: 128  Current     BMI: 22.6                    

kimbethin
on 1/8/12 12:27 am - CA
The J Crew catalog/website has a big variety of tops and bottoms to mix and match.  They have tankini halter tops with built in bras that may work for you.  You can order several tops and bottoms and keep what works best for you.  I like the halter tops because you can give what you have a little lift and they create some cleavage.  There are also companies in some areas that will custom make a suit for you that will play up your assets an hide problems.  I may look for one when I reach goal.  Congrats on your weight loss.
putting one foot in front of the other...        
gonersmom
on 1/8/12 12:56 am
Congrats on your success....but I'm so jealous I could spit. Of course it's probably got something to do with how my bras have to keep 'my girls' from dislocating my knees when I move too fast.

Let me help you with bariatric friendly cooking.  www.pamperedchef.biz/gawnecooking
Tracasa
on 1/8/12 9:41 pm
Nordstrom, surprised you cannot find any tankini but if not get those fake boobs to put in. Google swimsuits you`ll be amazed what pops up have fun-

b_scene33
on 1/8/12 9:59 pm - OH
I'm going to FL in June and realized I need a new suit, I can't buy one just yet because it's still 5 months out, but I started shopping just to see, I liked SwimmersPlace.com & Venus.com had some reallly nice ones! I am pretty sure I'm going to do with a Monokini, bc I've always wanted one! And this year I'm pretty close right now to being able to fit, but by June Hopefully it'll be all good!
Good luck, post Vacation pictures for us!!!

♫♫♪♪♫Brie♫♫♪♪♫
*H:5'4" HW: 242 SW: 218.8 CW:142  GW:142*
Surgery Date 9/07/11

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 97 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 323 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 367 views