feeling over whelmed with info

Bignomo
on 1/17/12 3:50 pm - TX
Will have my last appt (6month) this month and hope to have my procedure soon.
but im feeling a bit over whelmed at times with all of the information and what to do and not to do...but none the less Im pressing forward. Learning a lot from this sight but not having anyone
to bounce questions off is kinda difficult. Wanting to be healthy and do the necessary things to maintain a healthy life and weight..Have had numerous people say you dont look like you need to
do that..Its funny what people say without thinking at times.. Im 6ft 7in tall 365lbs.. height helps hide it or stretches it out but its still there and Im just ready to feel and look better.
rosapain
on 1/17/12 5:49 pm, edited 1/17/12 5:50 pm - Amityville, NY
Hi. I do understand,I am 4 months out and was told you dont need that you dont look fat at 248.I would reply, tell my back,knees,high bp,that. I learn early to just keep it to myself.It is the best think I could have done for me.The hardest part is getting enough protein in and water.I feel alot better about my appearance and confidence.You can always ask as many questions as you like here.there is alot to learn here and its all good you are now OB family visit offen you will get more at ease .Good luck on you journey.
katier825
on 1/17/12 5:58 pm
It can seem a bit overwhelming at first. Once you get yourself into a routine, it's not bad. While there are things that will be new, they will quickly become your new "normal". The first few days are the hardest. It's not easy for some to get in all their fluids and protein at first. It all comes together though.

I didn't know anyone who had the sleeve except a few at the support group. I did wish I went to more of those prior to surgery. Ask all you want on here! We'll answer you.

I am so pleased I opted for the sleeve. I have done much better than I expected and it was much easier to lose the weight than I expected. Good luck!
RubyTues
on 1/17/12 11:12 pm - Canada
The whole vitamin situation overwhelmed me for a bit.. I was like ok so I can't take this with others, have to have this one on  full stomach, this one on an empty stomach this one in morning this one in evening.. and was I getting what I needed ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRG!
Then there is the whole trying to get your protein in let alone your water in.. it's a struggle at first.. right now my biggest struggle is keeping under 40 carbs.. very hard. Throughout the day I do well, evenings are hard for me.. I have that urge to snack

I got my vitamins and protein in check and feel that I'm more in control over that area.. so ya, it does get easier..

Pat H.
on 1/18/12 4:06 am
Congratulations on completing the 6 months! You are doing a great thing by getting the WLS. You are also doing the right thing by plugging into OH. I learned so much from the posters about the process and made my journey easier. Hoping you enjoy success and a new life after your surgery.

SW - 234.5  GW - 140.5   Met Goal on 5/7/12  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 89 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 307 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 353 views