STEAK it was yummy

coralnichols
on 1/29/12 6:46 am - NC
Hello Sleeve Family,

So I am 7 weeks out and decided my cravings for a steak where too strong and I was going to eat a steak. I had my filet and it waqs soo yummy chewed it well but loved every minute of it. So far so good no stomach pain or issues.

I have lost 47 pounds as of today and super excite in my progress. Its hard for me to see my own results in some ways... So I guess 47 pounds in 7 weeks is not bad at all... If anyone hasn't tried the vitatops they are awesome.

Anyone think 47 pounds is not right for my time line?

trayb17
on 1/29/12 7:02 am
VSG on 01/05/12
Sounds delicious! How may ounces did you have! Congrats on your success!!
Eydiebug
on 1/29/12 7:06 am - San Antonio, TX
Congrats on your first steak!  Isn't it the best thing ever???  Also, congrats on your 47lbs. down.
Keep up the good work!

Eydie

HW-319 SW-295 CW-186.2 GW-160 BMI-29.1   
Assilem7779
on 1/29/12 7:11 am
VSG on 01/03/12
 47lbs is amazing and I can't wait to have a steak congrats on our success 
kwiegs3856
on 1/29/12 8:05 am - PA
VSG on 01/05/12
  Ugh, I so miss steak!   I will be so disappointed if I am not able to one day eat it again! 

coralnichols
on 1/29/12 8:04 am - NC
Thanks guys the steak was about 4oz and had mushrooms and blue cheese grilled on it.
moonglo82
on 1/29/12 8:08 am
VSG on 03/29/12
47 pounds in 7 weeks is awesome! I hope I have those kinds of results... that would put me at Onederland going into summer vacation!

And I can't wait to get through my first several weeks of postop so I can enjoy my favorite proteins again too

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

(deactivated member)
on 1/29/12 8:26 am
Your weight loss is fantastic and it seems like you are losing beautifully so take what I say for my personal experience only.  I could not have eaten 4 ounces of steak at seven weeks out.  I am not even really sure if I can eat that much dense protein today, probably closer to 3 ounces.  I also looked at the vitatops and they do look delicious, but they also contain 20+ grams of carbs per 100 calorie serving and that would leave me craving more carbs for days.  Everyone is different and we all have our own journey, yours seems to be working beautifully for you, if there is ever a glitch, you might want to look at the carbs, but if it's not broken, why fix it?
RubyTues
on 1/29/12 8:52 am - Canada
Well I don't know about timelines and such .. but compared it me it's friggin amazing. Is that your weight loss from your day of surgery weight? Or are you including your pre op diet weight loss in there. If not then heck you are down 20lbs more than I am and we had surgery the same day.

coralnichols
on 1/29/12 1:44 pm - NC
 Thanks guys and yup its my surgery date... I havent decided if its been a blessing that i can still eat anything i want but with super small portions or not.... I do very well at high protein, little carbs... I want to see better results but i am going to let this have its own pace... 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 109 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 335 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 385 views