Any recommendations for protein powders or drinks?

Chanciekd
on 1/29/12 1:05 am - MS
VSG on 01/23/12

What are the recommendations for protein powders or drinks?
Any suggestions?

jlcmontana
on 1/29/12 1:24 am
I am a week away from my surgery and on my liquid pre-op diet.  I started trying different ones at the beginning of the year just to see which ones I liked.  I am a diabetic so really not into sweet tasting ones.   I love Nectar Cappuccino.  It almost tastes like  Kahlua without the kick.  It's the only one I drink mixed with skim milk.  Praying I can still tolerate it after surgery.
Chanciekd
on 1/29/12 1:43 am - MS
VSG on 01/23/12
Thank you.  I am going online now to see what I can order.
Ms. Poker Face
on 1/29/12 1:31 am
There are lots and lots of choices out there.  You'll have to try some and find what you like because everyone's tastes are so individual.

I use the Nectars.  They have 23g protein, 90 calories and 0 carbs per scoop.  You can get a sample pack from mybariatricpantry.com to start off with.

Here's a link to lots of other samples:
http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/vsg/4391400/Sample-ideas/

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

Chanciekd
on 1/29/12 1:45 am - MS
VSG on 01/23/12
Thanks - I will go on the link and order.
hidngat39
on 1/29/12 1:49 am - OK
VSG on 02/14/12

I tried Muscle Milk yesterday in strawberry.  It was pretty good and does not really contain milk.  I like that they sell it at the corner store, already mixed and chilled for me  :)

I am starting week 2 of my 2-week pre-op liquids.  They want me to have 4-5 Carnation Inst Breakfast each day, so I guess the Muscle Milk is cheating.  But, in my defense, the only sugar-free CIB I can find is chocolate and I can't drink it past 4 or I can't get to sleep at night.  So, I had to find me something comparable that's not chocolate.

I plan to try the vanilla with some MIO flavored drops in it for variety.  Pure Protein chocolate shakes are pretty good too but not as readily available.

good luck in your searches!

HW:253  SW:199  GW: 145

A911Angel
on 1/29/12 2:39 am
 I have love, love, love the Lean Shakes from GNC!  Vanilla is my favorite. 

Have a great day!

Holly

SassyItalian
on 1/29/12 3:56 am - Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis
heres a yummy shake that can be made with any vanilla powder you have

1/4 cup pure canned pumpkin
1 cup skim milk or soy milk
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
1/4 cup light cool whip
1 cup ice
2 single serve packets Splenda (or to your taste)
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp ground ginger
1/8 tsp ground cloves

Blend and eat!

MMMMMMM.

HW: 258lbs  SW: 240   CW: 140  I am 5 foot 7 and 30 years old               
                 VSG 12/21/10  Plastics: Tummy tuck, breast lift, and augmentation 11/3/11
                                             Soon to be veterinarian!! xoxo

Chanciekd
on 1/29/12 9:34 am - MS
VSG on 01/23/12
Thank you - I will try this soon.
Shelbean6
on 1/29/12 9:46 am - TX
I LOVE the Inspire Caramel Latte and Cinnamon Cappucino. They have 30 grams of protein, and are about 110 calories per serving? and NO caffeine, which is good for the 1st couple of months after surgery. I found them at the drugstore of the hospital I had my surgery, but it can also be found online. Good Luck!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 126 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 361 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 407 views