Quest protein bars

Talmani
on 1/29/12 8:38 pm - Phoenixville, PA
I am going to Vegas for a week for work and am worried about getting in all of my protein. I have heard these are good - for those of you that use them where do you buy them and what are you favorite flavors?
Highest weight 265/ Surgery weight 256/ Goal weight 160   
Happy966
on 1/29/12 9:14 pm

You can only buy them online.  They are really good, but I found them triggery (ate way too many), so depends on how you react to those kinds of things.  I liked all of them. 

http://questproteinbar.com

:) Happy

53 yrs old, 5'6" HW: 293 ConsW: 273 SW: 263 CW: 206

kimberleyann
on 1/29/12 9:24 pm - Kingston, NS, Canada
I love them, they are such a great way to make my protein totals. While I try to eat enough "real food" daily I just can't seem to make the 80g of protein daily so I just use one of the bars to top me up. I have room for the carbs as well so not an issue for me.  I like the brownie, and the peanut butter and jelly.  I had the apple pie but I did find it quite sweet. There are new flavours now that I haven't tried but will shortly. I keep one in my car and one in my purse at all times, so I won't be tempted to stop on have something crap while I am out.   I will be taking some to Mexico with me on holiday just to be sure I always get my protein.

Mom4Jazz
on 1/29/12 9:56 pm
I like the Brownie, the Mixed Berry Bliss, the Cinnamon Roll, the Lemon and the Strawberry Cheesecake best. I can only eat half a bar at a time.

These are great because most of the carbs are fiber. I have to take fiber supplements on the days I don't eat half a Quest bar, but when I do it counts as my fiber supplement.

Highest weight: 335 lbs, BMI 50.9
Pre-op weight: 319 lbs, BMI 48.5
Current range: 140-144, BMI 21.3 - 22

175+ lbs lost, maintaining since February 2012

Ashley S.
on 1/29/12 10:55 pm
VSG on 05/04/10 with
smcinmiami
on 1/29/12 11:44 pm - FL
I love the Chocolate Brownie and Vanilla Almond flavors.  They're really good when you heat them in the microwave for about 20-30 seconds.  I eat 1/2 a bar in the mornings before my workout.

Sarah

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 1/29/12 11:51 pm
VSG on 10/09/12
I got the peanut butter and jelly ones. Pretty good. I could only eat a quarter of one bar (too sweet for my taste buds) and I am not even sleeved yet. I can imagine what it will be like after... like one bite maybe! But the taste is fine. Kind of like peanut butter and jelly...

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

Talmani
on 1/30/12 5:57 am - Phoenixville, PA
Thanks everyone! I went to the quest web site and ordered one of each to see which I liked or not. Hopefully they work out. Thanks again!
Highest weight 265/ Surgery weight 256/ Goal weight 160   
deadmilkmen
on 1/30/12 6:21 am
 Hello Talmani, 

I will be in Vegas for work at the end of Feb.  I too have been worried big time about fooding while there.  I did get some Quest bars and will be taking them, and maybe I'll pick up a bag of jerkey too.  
I've been to Vegas before and by far the best deal on meals is to buy one of those passes to the buffets...  I think I can trust myself to get one plate with 2 oz of protein, and 1 of veg, and then leave... but I'n not 100% on that!  
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
PaulaToronto
on 1/30/12 7:41 am - Toronto, Canada
I tried the apple pie and hated it.  Way too sweet and very very dense and heavy.  I will stick to my Premier bars or the Oh Yeah bars.

If you take along powdered protein in a baggie you can find something to mix it with. I wouldn't want to be eating bars every day.

Highest W 312   Referral W 252   Surgery W 237   CW 156  Height 5'6"            

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 113 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 335 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 385 views