Restriction

Tirza T.
on 2/2/12 3:07 am
VSG on 01/17/12
After seeing how easily I was able to get down liquids on the full liquid stage that I was sent home with; I worried that I would have little or no restriction. Yesterday, I saw my Surgeon and NUT for my two week post-op. The NUT cleared me for purees and said I sould eat 5 to 6 times a day with about 10-13 grams of protein a sitting and to be careful with the carbs. So I had a 1/4 cup of cottage cheese, a sprinkle of unflavored protein powder, and one ounce of apple/mango baby food. I was able to eat it no problem but, for sure I was super full in the end.  Now I just pureed a quarter cup of garbanzo beans, a sprinkle of unflavored protein powder and a wedge of laughing cow sharp chedder. I could only eat half. I waited 20 minutes and ate the other half and when I was done I didn't like the feeling. I had some pain in the chest and a little abdominal Thanksgiving dinner pain.   I know now I might have to break some of my meals even smaller and I am so happy the I actually have Restriction. YEAH!!!!!

Female, Height 5'6"
HW&Surgeon Consult Weight: 330 lbs. SW: 294 CW:
sunnymicki
on 2/2/12 3:55 am
Isn't it awesome to actually feel full and satisfied?  Best thing about this surgery.  Take care of your sleeve, and don't eat to the point of being stuffed, and you'll always have that.

5'9" All weight lost post-op. Goal weight determined by body composition testing.

Tirza T.
on 2/2/12 4:21 am
VSG on 01/17/12
Yes today is definitely like a new adventure. It is awesome. Today is also a learning experience so I can gauge what my sleeve can take. This way I can make changes. I did not like the over full feeling.

Female, Height 5'6"
Jennifer H.
on 2/2/12 5:07 am - TX
VSG on 01/17/12
So glad you have found your restriction!! I get to move to soft foods Tuesday and I'm ready...so sick of liquids!

Tirza T.
on 2/2/12 8:49 am
VSG on 01/17/12
The food seems so bad, but after the liquids it tastes fabulous. Not trying to rub it it, just giving you something to look forward to.

Female, Height 5'6"
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 89 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 304 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 350 views