Dr. Nusbaum - NJ?

kimm74
on 2/2/12 10:29 am
Hi,
I am interested in finding out if anyone used Dr. Nusbaum for their surgery and how it went?  
italiana1980
on 2/2/12 10:53 am - kenilworth, NJ
VSG on 01/25/12
I went to Dr. Nusbaum in 2004 and went through the whole pretests etc however 1 month prior to surgury date insurance declined it.  

Now I did my surgury with Dr. Andrei in livingston, nj the difference was astronomically different! so much better.  I would highly, highly reconmend Dr. Andrei if your in the area he is maybe 10 mins or less from dr nusbaum across the street from livingston mall.  

italiana1980
on 2/2/12 10:56 am - kenilworth, NJ
VSG on 01/25/12
 it looks like based on dr nusbaum's obesity help profile that he is now located in the same building as dr. andrei if i were you check out dr andrei he and his staff are execeptional. i had my wls 1 week ago and lost 35 lbs already. also he did more pre tests and precautionary procedures as well as monthly nutrional classes documenting your weight so it helps it go through the insurance approval. 

Shanester66
on 2/3/12 12:31 am - PA
VSG on 02/09/12
What didnt you like about Nusbaum?
italiana1980
on 2/3/12 1:00 am - kenilworth, NJ
VSG on 01/25/12
 there was nothing in particular i didnt like about him but as compared to Dr Andrei & his staff I like my experience with him much more.  It seemed like they were on top of things and did every measure needed to make sure the insurance would approve the surgury.  When I had gone to Dr Nusbaum it wasn't the case they didn't really even inform me that any documentation of my weight would have helped to get the insurance to approve they told me i needed 3 yrs of diets proved 1 month prior to my surgury date & that's why the insurance declined.  So I spent alot of time energy and money doing the prescreen test only to fail so that upset me.  I am just offering as she hasn't gotten the surgury yet if she's just gone to the initial consult to also take Dr Andrei into consideration as he is also located in the same building and serves St Barnabus etc. 

Shanester66
on 2/3/12 1:37 am - PA
VSG on 02/09/12
No that's fine, options are good!  I havent gotten my sleeve yet.  My surgery date is next week!  I was scheduled for Oct 11 and they bumped me because they said my sugar was to high.  So I had to wait 4 months until it got under control.  Looking forward to getting back to my normal size again!!!
HopefulInHoboken
on 2/2/12 11:40 am - NJ
I had sleeve done in Morristown hospital by dr Nusbaum in dec 2011. The surgery was a complete success so far. Only minor side effect I have is an infection in one incision site. I had to go back tons him and a short dose of antibiotics started clearing it immediately.

Dr Nusbaum has excellent surgical skills. I highly recommend him.

Before using him I went very far along the process with dr. Schmidt from Hackensack. But his office could not get the insurance paperwork right and did not follow through

Many of dr nusbaum's staff are excellent but there are a very small number of support staf wasn 't helpful. Dr Nusbaum is all over that and hands out his cell number to patients after surgery.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 134 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 393 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views