Life with the sleeve so far...

MaRi-2point0
on 2/3/12 3:20 am - NY
I think I was in a stall for the last 2-3 weeks but every Monday I return to work all my co-workers are always complimenting me on my weight loss. So I know I am losing inches for sure, I am also fitting into smaller clothes that I use to wear anyway but now they look so much better and fit well now. My Dr said not to weigh myself but I started weighing myself again I know that it can be discouraging at times but it keeps me on track. Still havent incorporated consistent exercise yet but I need to because I can see changes in my skin already.

Water definitely helps I lost another 5 pounds so for month 2 those stalls are the worst! (Down 28lbs since surgery 12/12/11) I am praying I lose 5 more by Thursday I need a miracle!! I would love a double digit for the second month, so I am drinking tons of water now. I also started drinking black coffee it helps curb my hunger during the day at work so I can push my meals down over the day so I am not starving in the evening. However I have to up the water when I drink coffee because it severely dehydrates me. I also noticed that if I don't plan my meals for the day I am screwed so I log in my food for the day in the morning on MyFitnessPal so I know exactly what I can have for the day. Now the weekends are much harder for me that's where I tend to veer off course a bit : /  Oh yea and my new tummy loves spicy food and no longer likes yogurts I used to love them so weird.

What's your food menu like? My work week food menu is so boring but I am making it through!

Morning
Vitamins, Water, Protein Shake

Snack
Cheese stick or Trader Joe's Go Raw individual packs (cranberries, almonds etc)

Afternoon
Water, Meatballs Turkey or Beef from Trader Joe's (pre-cooked microwaves in 2-3 minutes!) 1 Cheese stick

Dinner
Water more meatballs or some sort of protein

Snack
Cheese stick or Trader Joe's Go Raw individual packs (cranberries, almonds etc)

That gets me under 800 calories and 75g of protein a day

PinkLyfe
on 2/3/12 3:37 am
 Omg! I just have to you are beautiful!
MaRi-2point0
on 2/3/12 3:42 am - NY
 Awww thank you that is very sweet 

PinkLyfe
on 2/3/12 3:50 am
 The way I calculated your weightloss, you've been averaging 4 lbs/week. That's a good a good weekly loss!  Happy losing you are doing great! I just got approval for VSG and I hope I do as well as you. The first 12-18  is considered the "golden year" where you loose the most weight. 
MaRi-2point0
on 2/3/12 4:38 am - NY
 Yes and in a way I am glad its slower to save my skin the horror a bit more lol Congrats on the approval!! Yes you are right they are golden and its a learning process and an amazing journey.

Pura Vida
on 2/3/12 4:15 am - Costa Rica
Wow, you are stunningly beautiful!
MaRi-2point0
on 2/3/12 4:39 am - NY
 You ladies are making me blush!! Thank you but I am a makeup artist so that helps too lol

happyteacher
on 2/3/12 4:58 am
 Here is a normal work day:

I have not entered in food to myfitnesspal before the day starts (yet).  For now, as long as I take everything with me in the morning and have the plan ready to implement I am doing well.  I fill my cute little bento box for the day, but also keep protein shakes RTD in my classroom mini frige in case I forget a lunch.  I also keep some Isopure Plus there and a couple Isopure Smoothies in case I get caught having to do something after school that forces me to miss my otherwise planned dinner.  Here is a typica work day menu:

BK: supplements.  During my hour commute I will drink my protein shake, but I try to time it so I fini**** no earlier than 7 a.m.  If I can, I hold off until I am in my classroom so that there is less time between the shake and lunch.  The supplements actually make me not hungry first thing in the morning.

Snack:  low fat string cheese stick.
Lunch: 2-3 ounces protein.  More if it is fish or tofu, less if it is poultry.  I have not started eating beef yet.
Dinner:  2-3 ounces protein, same guidelines as above.
Snack:  60 calories or less- yogurt or lowfat cheese or an Isopure if my protein count needs the boost.

Sometimes I do a snack after school, but I have to be careful.  I always seem to get hungry after dinner and before bed, so I try to save it for them.  The night supplements can take the edge of the hunger so I can be a little flexible with the snack.  

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 388 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views