DAMN CARBS !!!!! they are killin me...and i cant lower them !

karenbarb
on 2/7/12 1:05 am - Roselle, NJ
Revision on 01/18/12

where the hell do i get my carb counts from ????? i need to lower them drastically...... will all my carb problems go away when i am able to eat meat at 5 weeks out......grrrrr

i need low carb stuff for my house !!!!!!!

IT IS A NEVERENDING BATTLE, THAT I WILL NOT LOSE

LeahBea
on 2/7/12 1:13 am
VSG on 05/31/11 with
Are you still on soft foods? What are you eating? I don't know about carb problems going away once you can eat meat because I don't eat meat... so not sure there, lol.

Either way, quit stressing out, take a breath. It'll be ok.

Leah

Mom4Jazz
on 2/7/12 1:25 am
Hijack alert!

Are you a vegetarian? If so, how is that working for you? I have been considering going lacto-vegetarian. I'm 90% of the way there now totally without planning it and I thought why not go the rest of the way?

Can't do without my dairy, though. Between whey protein powders, milk, yogurt and cheese that's a huge part of my diet.

Highest weight: 335 lbs, BMI 50.9
Pre-op weight: 319 lbs, BMI 48.5
Current range: 140-144, BMI 21.3 - 22

175+ lbs lost, maintaining since February 2012

LeahBea
on 2/7/12 1:39 am
VSG on 05/31/11 with
If we're going to be technical I'm a lacto-ovo-pescatarian. For most people's purposes, fish only is still vegetarian, lol.

Didn't actually eat a lot of fish or seafood until after surgery, easy protein though so I've slowly moved that way.

It is completely possible to be vegetarian and successful with VSG. I won't lie, there are days that getting to my protein goal is hard. But if you're a planner and mindful of what you're doing it's much easier. Keep in mind I would never get there without protein shakes. Plain and simple, I don't know that it would be possible without a shake everyday.

Dairy is a HUGE part of my diet as well. Cheese... mmm cheese! Not so much milk, but I recently found a low carb yogurt at Kroger that I'm stoked to try.

I'd say try it out for a few weeks and see how it goes...

Anyway, I'm an open book so if you want to pick my brain feel free.

Leah

moondancer718
on 2/7/12 1:46 am - CA
love that low carb yogurt at Kroger, in CA it cab found at Food for Less and Ralph's under the name Carbmaster. I like that the sugars are so low and still tastes great.

rhearob
on 2/7/12 1:22 am - TN
 Where are you keeping your food diary?  IF you keep a regualar food diary (I use Realize My Success" you should see the carb counts for all of the food you eat and daily totals.  Then you can adjust your diet accordingly.

You don't mention what you are eating. Are you reading the labels on food you prepare and eat?  The nutrition labels have all of the Carb info you need.  Read those and manage by the numbers.

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

Mom4Jazz
on 2/7/12 1:23 am
It will get easier.

I just drank protein shakes until I could have meat/egg salads and never started eating the carbs. That helped me, but I know some folks don't like the shakes.

Highest weight: 335 lbs, BMI 50.9
Pre-op weight: 319 lbs, BMI 48.5
Current range: 140-144, BMI 21.3 - 22

175+ lbs lost, maintaining since February 2012

carrierae
on 2/7/12 1:23 am - WA
They will go away. You keep under 20gm of carbs and you will not have that intense craving.... but as soon as you dabble in carbs the craving comes back.

It takes about 3 days for the craving to disappear and you just have to tough it out.

Carrie   HW: 334/Preop Appt W: 328/SW: 313/CW: 2  
preop: -21lbs, month 1: -28lbs, month 2: -16lbs, month 3: -18lbs, month 4: -11lbs,
month 5: -11lbs, month 6: -7lbs, ...all the way down. NOTE: after slacking I got back on track in Nov (month 12) and have lost 16lbs so far!

karenbarb
on 2/7/12 1:26 am - Roselle, NJ
Revision on 01/18/12
i am keeping a food log, with all of my counts...i am in the soft food stage for 2 more weeks......what are some low/no carb things that i can have ???? just off the top of your heads......it seems as if only meats have low or no carb ???????? i need snack and lunch ideas please :)

IT IS A NEVERENDING BATTLE, THAT I WILL NOT LOSE

hwag5149
on 2/7/12 1:27 am
You need to provide us with your food log so we can help you with cutting the carbs and alternatives.

HW 380.8+  SW- 371.4  CW- 234.4  GW- 200 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 158 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 430 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 449 views