Horrible day

Vrtualfire
on 2/7/12 9:13 am - MN
VSG on 01/13/12
So all last week I did great on my plan.  Between 600 and 800 calories, got my protein in most of the time and low carbs and got my water in. The thing is, I felt horrible all the time.  I was also drinking Milk pretty often, at least once per day.

This weekend, I didnt drink any milk, opting for other types of foods and I felt great. But I never made the correlation.  This morning I get my glass of milk, and I almost choked and I realized, it must be the milk.  So I dumped it out and grabbed the only Isopure pre made I have left and chugged off to work.  Well I only could drink half of that Isopure...so that was a bust.  It is still sitting on my desk.

I forgot to pack lunch and my coworkers were going out to applebees. So even though I am on my mushies I thought, well grab me some grilled shrimp. I can chew those suckers to shreds.  Wrong. I ate three and ended up in teh ladies room vomiting, but only clear phlegm came up and spit.  They were tiny shrimp like they put on their salads too! 

I havent eaten anything else today and I really feel awful. So stupid, so sick. UGH! 

happyteacher
on 2/7/12 9:40 am
 I am so sorry to read about your difficult day :(  Is there something you could keep at work or in your purse for times you forget lunch?  Soy milk is lactose free, and the light versions have less calories.  Almond milk is a favorite of some also.  Feel better!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Jennifer S.
on 2/7/12 10:02 am
One of the lessons I learned early out was that planning really is the key to success.  I figured that out the one time I vomited following surgery when I ate something quick because I failed to plan!  Definitely keep some things in your office that you can have if you are on the go or if you forget to pack a lunch.  I find that packing everything the night before helps.  Then I grab and go in the morning.

I have also seen several people say they've become lactose intolerant after surgery.  I had some issues immediately post-op that resolved.  You can also been sensitive to the type of protein you're using.  I used Nectar protein exclusively, but now get nausea, abdominal pain, and frequent bathroom trips if I drink it. 

It really is trial and error sometimes!  Good luck to you :)

Jennifer

Vrtualfire
on 2/7/12 11:54 am - MN
VSG on 01/13/12
Thank you both so much! I will pack a big old bag full of cottage cheeses, yogurts and cheeses to put in the fridge at work.  I seem to be okay with those type of items.

Amazingly enough, my go to meal that went over really well this weekend was a very small amount of browned ground turkey which was pureed in food processor with a wedge of laughing cow blue cheese.  Then i added a tad hot sauce and had some mustard on the side if it felt too dry.  It we delightful.  I had that tonight and no problems.

I also had tilapia the other day which was super soft, but really didnt sit well in my sleeve.  Maybe its the seafood element? Who knows, but I know I will not have Applebees envy again!

I *did* have one success.  My friend brought cherry chip cupcakes with homemade frosting and gave me one and I didnt eat it.  I resisted and didnt even taste the frosting at all, gave to a coworker.  So go me? :)

diane S.
on 2/7/12 12:13 pm
sorry you had a bad day. you are pretty early out for shrimp and such so its not surprising you got sick. my husband got sick on shrimp 2 months out. i think he ate too fast.

yep, you have to plan and maybe keep a few premixed shakes like costco premier or worldwide from trader joes or oh yeah at work.  if you have to go to a restaurant order a cup of soup, a glass of skim milk or cottage cheese.  my first restaurant meal was a side order of cottage cheese.

things will get easier over the next couple of months. it really will.  Diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Dee60
on 2/7/12 12:34 pm
VSG on 02/21/12
 Way to go... Am sorry you had a challenging day. I pray it gets better!

Yay! We have the same surgeon and I am having surgery on the 21st....what more can you tell me about Dr Jones n his staff...so far so good for me now.many tips will be appreciated. Thank you. 

Vrtualfire
on 2/7/12 1:47 pm - MN
VSG on 01/13/12
I really enjoyed Dr. Jones, in the one session I had with him. He was very low key for my surgery and I have another friend at work plus Tazman on here who are all Dr. Jones.  Seems pretty legit.
I am in shakopee myself.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 162 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 435 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 456 views