One year pics!

Jenijeni
on 2/9/12 2:02 am
Only took a few tries for me to figure out how to get a pic in here. Hope this works! It's a few days late, but I'm still riding the "I made it through a year and look how freaking happy I am" wave! Love you all. Hope this inspires someone who's on the fence or gives hope to new sleevers who are struggling. Hang in there... it's worth it!!

http://images.obesityhelp.com/uploads/profile/945424/albums/98422/before%20and%20after.jpg

HW: 250 SW: 224 GW: 135 CW: 124

ChaseT1
on 2/9/12 2:16 am - Wichita, KS
It works!  You look great!  Congratulations!

HW: 367  SW: 341
Crystal C.
on 2/9/12 2:16 am - Bartlesville, OK
You look amazing, great year i'd say!

Forgive Yesterday...Embrace Today....Live for Tomorrow        
George B.
on 2/9/12 2:20 am - Miami, FL
You look amazing.
Congratulations on your success!

Jenijeni
on 2/9/12 2:25 am
Thanks George! You've been such an inspiration and so helpful when I was a newbie! Can't believe it's been a year!
Jenijeni a.k.a. "J. Tallarico"

f4eva
on 2/9/12 4:21 am
Hello, sorry to get off track from original post but I noticed that your doctor is/was Dr. Jacobs?  Were you satisfied with his work?  Any problems?
George B.
on 2/9/12 8:43 am - Miami, FL
I love Dr. Jacobs!

He is an amazing surgeon and has years of experience performing the VSG. He teaches other doctors how to perform the VSG. He has an excellent manner, takes his time answering your questions and really puts you at ease. I also appreciate that he does not require a pre-op diet. 

When I decided on getting the VSG my wife vetted local surgeons and would only feel comfortable with the surgery if I had it with Dr. Jacobs. 

I'm  2 1/2 years post-op and have lost 100% of my excess weight and have kept it off without much effort. I no longer have high blood pressure or high cholesterol and I owe all these positive changes to Dr. Jacobs. 

A year and a half after my surgery my wife also had the VSG with Dr. Jacobs. Her surgery, recovery and results have been great. She lost 100% of her excess weight 9 months after surgery and has been maintaining her weight loss easily. She actually has to work to not lose more weight. 

If you have any other questions feel free to ask..

Best of luck,
George

Jenijeni
on 2/9/12 2:20 am
Thanks! It really has been the best year ever!

goingforit1
on 2/9/12 2:24 am
VSG on 02/04/12 with
Wow!! Rockin' those boots and rockin' that sleeve!!! You look fantastic!

Did you follow all the low carb rules perfectly? I only ask because you look even thinner than average so I'm picturing you never touching a carb (my downfall) lol give us your best tips! (I just had surgery last week so I'm a newbie!)
Jenijeni
on 2/9/12 2:32 am
I don't think anyone follows all the rules perfectly. But, having said that, I try to do these things:

1. Eat protein first!
2. Read the carb and sugar content of EVERYTHING
3. Eat no refined sugars or corn syrups
4. Count carbs and keep a food journal (I use Myfitnesspal)
5. Don't graze even now that I know I COULD graze.

So, I eat 5 or 6 small meals a day and still drink lots of fluids. I still go to the gym and I try to do yoga once or twice a week because it balances me. I meditate. I walk EVERYWHERE.

This is a second chance that I was given and the last thing I want to do is **** it up! So, I stick to what I know works and try not to fall into any of my old eating habits. I don't need them!! I'm skinny!!

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 59 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 59 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 235 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 308 views