Dreamed I was sneaky eating chocolate candy!

Gramgal
on 2/12/12 12:47 am
I had VSG 5 days ago.  I woke this morning to a dream that I was in a classroom/business atmosphere and I was sneaking chocolate candy into my pockets and popping them in my mouth when no one was looking.  I guess everyone has some fears they will revert back to old habits?
Of course it was just a dream, but I was very glad to stop the dream by waking up. Glad I don't sleep-eat.

Shannon_K
on 2/12/12 1:19 am - OK
 I had my sleeve 2/7/12.  Im ready to eat soft foods but I stay liquid another week. How about you.  How do you update your weight?  
kalamon5
on 2/12/12 1:24 am - TN
VSG on 02/06/12
I was sleeved on 2/6 and I have found that my cravings are the most intense at night.  I have begun to dream about food too.
alipie69
on 2/13/12 4:41 am
VSG on 01/31/12

Wow i was sleeved on the jan31 and I started eatting a week later with my dr. advance, and on the 28 i go to shirmp and chicken and turkey. Lol thats crazy. they say ever dr is different. Well good luck with your sleeve. ALI

Shannon_K
on 2/13/12 6:05 am - OK
 What did you eat week 2?   I have cracked a few times.  I have had a spoon of peanut butter lucked it for 20 minutes.  I had a string cheese but had to purée it in my mouth. Oh the best thing was a few bites of scrambled eggs.  Wow they have never tasted better.   I'm 7 days out.   
alipie69
on 2/13/12 6:26 am
VSG on 01/31/12
I am on a high protein food now I started last tue til the 28 then I go to stage 4. I can eat, eggs,fish,yogurt plain,cheese,no cream cheese, cream of wheat, juice,jello, pudding,veg or no fat refried beans, and applesauce. That's about it and I can only take in 1oz even though my Dr. Say 2oz I'm stuffed so I am full wit 1oz . Ali
Happy966
on 2/12/12 1:27 am

OMG, I have these dreams!!  I think they are a very good sign.  At least for me, they come at times when I'm really committing to my food plan. 

I'll wake up in a cold sweat thinking I'm back into the sugar again, then I am so RELIEVED to realize it was only a dream. 

I had a dream post-VSG that I was at a Chinese buffet eating way too much food.  In the dream, I all of a sudden realized I'd had surgery and had probably hurt myself.  It was so scary and upsetting and such a relief to wake up.

I too am very glad I don't sleep-eat!  I have enough food problems!!

:) Happy

53 yrs old, 5'6" HW: 293 ConsW: 273 SW: 263 CW: 206

Otterwench
on 2/12/12 1:58 am - Camano Island, WA
Dreams can be fun!  I dream in technicolor and sound surround and my dreams are almost always happy adventures of some kind.  I had one where a friend of mine gave me a cookie, a big puffy golden cookie which I broke in half and smelled the coconut.  When I awoke, I swear I had the taste of coconut in my mouth!  Very real!  But no, I didn't count those calories...just enjoyed the cookie!

Enjoy your dreams and don't worry too much about them.  They are just a sign that your subconscious is very aware of your new journey!

Good luck to you!

~Sandi

HW:  275   Initial Weight:  264  SW: 245  CW: 138  GW:  140
Pre-op:  -19  Mo 1:  -21  Mo 2:  -8  Mo 3:  -11  Mo 4: -7 so  Mo 5: -8  Mo 6:  -10   Mo 7:  -9  Mo 8:  -8   Mo 9:  -7  Mo 10: -10  Mo 11: -2  Mo 12: -6 so far

Gramgal
on 2/12/12 3:18 am
That's what I like about this site.  It helps to know others are going through the same issues.  I like what Happy said, cause I am committed.  We have all proved our committment by having this surgery.

cpbkmb06
on 2/12/12 4:59 am
VSG on 02/02/12
I had vsg on 2/2/12 and I it seems nothing I eat "satisfies" me. I am full, but I am so tired of drinking my meals and of everything being sweet. I can't wait to puree an egg next week! lol! I never thought I would be so excited to puree food.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 93 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 317 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 363 views