2 weeks out.... What are you eating??

Countrygirl77
on 2/15/12 3:06 am
 Just wondering! I'm on mushy food and feel like I eat all day. Don't get me wrong, it's a bite here and there..... But it's about every 3 hrs . Is this normal?
kam0520
on 2/15/12 3:36 am - AL
That sounds about like what my husband and I are doing.  I try and eat 3 meals, maybe 4 a day and sip on liquid the rest of the time.  I am just so scared of over eating.  Our papers say we can eat 6 small meals a day if we need to right now and "wean" down to 3 meals a day. 

I probably should eat a bit every 3 or so hours because I tend to want to just stuff my face when I do eat, even though I can't.  I take about 4 to 6 "bites" when I do eat.  Does that sound like what you do?  

We are on mushy food, but we can have processed meat, so today I have had canned chicken w/ a little mayo and pickle juice (a fake chicken salad) with 2 saltines, and for lunch, I had 1oz of potted meat with 2 bagel crisp crackers.  I have also had a protein shake and am going to have another here in a few mins.  D
www.kasleeved.com the (almost) daily journey after VSG

Eat to live, don't live to eat.
VeeBee
on 2/15/12 3:47 am - OH
VSG on 01/23/12
I will be 4 weeks out this coming Monday. I too feel like I eat all day. I told my doc at my postop visit that eating and drinking has become a parttime job. I don't really have "meals" just bits of food here and there... a /4 of this or 1/2 cup of that. I am also still on mushies but I broke down yesterday and scrambled me an egg. I don't think it is on my plan but I had to have something that I could eat with a fork!
Countrygirl77
on 2/15/12 3:57 am
Good just making sure I wasn't alone! I didn't want to be eating too much. I've lost 15 lbs in 2 wks.... And I was thinking it should be a little more. I'm not complaining tho!! 15 less than I had ")
countrytat
on 2/15/12 8:07 am - OH
VSG on 01/31/12
I am 2 weeks out and on mushies..... i have found that I am lactose intolerant now... which sucks cause cottage cheese has lots of protein!..... Anyway, I eat scrambled eggs..... I made some mini fritatas the other day.....I eat slices of deli ham with a touch of cream cheese on them rolled up... string cheese, cottage cheese, ricotta cheese, canned salmon, I ate some real mushy pork and that goes down very well.... crab cakes, edamame...... I eat all my protein, the shakes dont sit well with me at all.... so i dont do protein shakes. I have lost 18 lbs since surgery.

kam0520
on 2/15/12 8:24 am - AL
I am lactose intolerant, before surgery and after I seem even more sensitive to milk.  I use EAS Carb Control Shakes, and have switched almond milk for other things.  I can eat about 1/2 slice of cheese or a pinch of shredded cheese but other than that it really bothers me.  
www.kasleeved.com the (almost) daily journey after VSG

Eat to live, don't live to eat.
countrytat
on 2/15/12 8:08 am - OH
VSG on 01/31/12
VeeBee.... where in Ohio are you? I am in columbus.

lovePINK24
on 2/15/12 9:40 am - Baltimore, MD
well im 12 days out and on mushies.... i eat grilled chicken strips, tuna, egg salad, string cheese, yogurt, bbq shredded beef, sf jello, grits, etc...

pedirn06
on 2/15/12 11:25 am
VSG on 01/26/12
I will be 3 weeks out tomorrow.  I am constantly eating or drinking it seems. I am amazed at how such a small amount of food fills me up and how a bottle of water seems so big now.

Right now I am eating things like mild turkey chili with cheddar cheese, ham lunchmeat, tuna salad, pork loin, thin cream of wheat, low fat cheese, sf pudding and sf jello. I have found that chicken does not do well unless in chicken salad and ground fine.  I cannot eat fajita beef but I can eat beef jerky.  (?)
pedirn06

superchickk51
on 2/16/12 10:10 am
 Thats how I was 2 I will be  weeks out monday!!! It will get easier I promise, And water you will be able to take big normal sips again. When I was posting things thing people told me "stop grazing" Didnt ever do that. but it does seem like your putting some thing in your mouth all day long. 

Good luck to all of yall.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 158 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 430 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 451 views