2 weeks post-op and feeling too normal (concerned)

Rosemary1031
on 2/16/12 7:35 am - Chula Vista, CA
VSG on 02/06/12

I'm 11 days post-op and I seem to downing water and broths. My diet pretty much consists of water, broth, an occasional yogurt because I'm not a big fan, and jello. These things do not make me feel full and sometimes I feel like I can go on and on with a good homemade broth. I am definitely not feeling the restriction I felt last week. What gives?

My dietician and nurse have both told me it will change when I introduce solids. My pureed/mushy stage begins Monday and I can't wait, mainly to see if there is a limit in there!

Did anyone else experience this? Do fluids just flush through? (Did I get sleeved or not!? Lol)

emelar
on 2/16/12 7:47 am - TX
It will change when you get to real food.  With liquids, all it means is that the swelling has gone down in your tummy and the liquids are moving right through, as they should.  Be grateful, because it means you don't have to deal with dehydration.

I spent the first two weeks post-op absolutely convinced that my surgeon had just punched a bunch of holes in me but hadn't removed my stomach.  Yeah, not so much when I started on soft foods (I didn't have a mushie stage).
kegpsu
on 2/16/12 7:56 am
Revision on 01/31/12
 I am just like you except for my first three days I could not tolerate any liquids.  I am 15 days post op on pureed foods now.  Most pureed foods go right down now and I feel no restriction. I ate 3 oz of meat loaf pureed and that made me feel full.   From what I understand once we start solids we will feel restriction.

Its nice to know im not the oonly one out there like this,
SW - 283   1 mo -16

Chanciekd
on 2/16/12 7:56 am - MS
VSG on 01/23/12
I felt the very same way.  Could drink the broth and protein drinks and not feel full.  I also was wondering if the surgeon had made my stomach too big.  LOL
After I started eating solids, I definitely could tell the difference.  I can not get in but maybe
2 -3 oz of solids at a time now.
kahlana
on 2/16/12 8:37 am - Sitka, AK
VSG on 01/26/12
Im in my pureed stage but I can so relate. I was so worried that maybe I was going to starve to death because i could just drink and drink and drink and then i hit the purees and woooo did I have restriction. Now i'm almost a week into the pureed stage and im starting to feel like I did on the liquids. So i think maybe its a matter of our tummies getting used to what we are putting it. Which would mean we definitely need to be vigilant about measuring so we don't over do.

My Blog My Facebook

The New Mrs
on 2/16/12 9:12 am - Mooresville, NC
VSG on 02/09/12
I completely understand your feeling...the protien is supposed to help you feel fuller and stop that kind of roller coaster feeling.  How are you getting in your protein?
Julie
Lap Band Surgery 12/19/2009, revised to Sleeve 2/9/2012

Next goal:  183
mommy794
on 2/16/12 12:51 pm
i ALSO feel the same way! I can drink so easily it's scary. I have been able to since the day after surgery 2-6. I usually drink 3-4 sips and wait a min. then some more. But sometimes I drink 2-3 oz at a time and have no problem. I'm not just guzzling it down...I never have been able to drink like that in my life... but to me I can pretty much drink normal. I hope when I get to solids I feel something...plus I'm getting about 400 cal per day and I haven't lost anything in 4 days so that's VERY frustrating...but I know it's just my body freaking out and trying to hold on to what it has. It will come off soon, I lost 15 total with pre op and the first week of surg.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 167 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 444 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 464 views