Big FAT reality check!!

CCinIndiana
on 2/20/12 8:37 am - IN
Okay I lost 80 lbs my first six months, almost effortlessly, it was like each day weight would just fall off.  Not so this last month.  I have been up and down the same 3 pounds for almost 3 weeks.  Finally today I thought...well let me do what everyone who is sucessful suggests....write down all my food.  Well I about fainted when I added everything up...today I had 1224 calories, 85 carbs and only 64 proteins.  Never in a million years would I have quessed that high.  I discovered my dole peaches, in fruit juice,  that I eat almost every day with cottage cheese 19 carbs. the 1/2 bowl of raisin bran cereal I had was 23 carbs, the 2 sugar free cookies I was "rewarding" myself with cause I was doing so good had 26 carbs!!!  This is a far cry from my 600-800 calorie >40 carbs and 60 protein.  This wasn't a stall it was a dang mantenence food plan!!  So tomorrow no peaches, raisin bran or sugar free cookies!!  Going to focus on increasing my protein and reducing those carbs.  Will keep you updated about my progress : )   Thanks everyone.  Cathi
Jaybee766
on 2/20/12 8:39 am - Silver Spring, MD
VSG on 02/27/12 with
Hang in there!
Jeanne 

Height 5'7"   HW: 314     SW: 293

Ms. Poker Face
on 2/20/12 8:40 am
Good for you for doing the homework to figure it out and make it right!!

You'll be losing again in no time.  Keep us posted.

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

onemoretry
on 2/20/12 8:41 am - GA
VSG on 03/21/12
Good for you for writing it all down and figuring out where you went wrong. I hope you start to see the scale go down soon.
HT: 5'4"      HW: 251  SW: 237  CW: 172 GW: 135 
LilySlim Weight loss tickers
"You can control how much water you drink, how much protein/carbs/cals you consume, and how much you exercise. FOCUS on those and not the scale, because no matter how hard we try, we do not control the scale." ~  acbbrown

edelu
on 2/20/12 8:49 am - los angeles, CA
But i think this is a good thing.  Most of us start off with the lower calorie diet and when we hit a wall there's little we can do since lowering our intake is difficult because we are already so low. You losing 80lbs at this # means you can lower, slowly if you like, back down.  I think you will have continued weight loss and maybe you learned a good secret. I think this is a lucky situation to be in. keep us informed.
Mike B.
on 2/20/12 9:03 am
Hey at least you found the problem and it is a fixable problem. Good job with getting back on track. We all are learning from each other, so please keep us posted.

HW:280       SW:270       OLD GW:190       NEW GW: 180       CW: 174

Pooch2
on 2/20/12 9:14 am
Your back in control now....way to go!!!
HW: 425    SW: 337   CW: 262 GW: 217 (surgeon)  
Pre-surgery loss; 88 lbs (mostly in my required 6 month insurance class)
mmplumme
on 2/20/12 9:17 am - TX
VSG on 06/11/12
Congrats on hanging in there and finding out what was causing the problem.  Good luck on success now that you know the problem!!!!

SleevedLife
on 2/20/12 9:45 am
WTG!  Thank you for sharing this.  I'm such a big believer in food tracking.  It is amazing how little things can add up if we aren't measuring and counting every bite.

You'll be right back on track.  If you were maintaining at 1224, you'll definitely be losing in the 600-800 range.  (If you do 600 a day, that's a 624 deficient and should give you 1.25 lbs of weight loss a week from cutting calories alone)  (Of course, our bodies never seem to do the math as neatly as we expect.... there are way too many variables to make this simple equation accurate.  But I'm just trying to say that you're going to start losing again!)

Nutshell:

Lost 140 lbs with VSG. (Hooray!!)

got pregnant  (yeaaaa!)  

got cancer (boooo!)

regained 40 lbs.   (grrrr!)

In summary: Alive & Grateful.   

CCinIndiana
on 2/20/12 10:11 am - IN
Thanks everyone for the positive support.  I am excited to report positive results in a couple of days!!! 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 401 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 428 views