So, i was able to eat

clariposita
on 2/21/12 6:35 am - NY
2 oz of tomato soup and 2 oz of mashed potatoes. is that good? i am 3 weeks out.

Rosemary1031
on 2/21/12 6:40 am - Chula Vista, CA
VSG on 02/06/12
It's good that you're eating something. Is your doctor ok with tomato soup? I know that is one of the soups I cannot eat.

Pooch2
on 2/21/12 9:21 am, edited 2/21/12 9:22 am
Not sure about  the tomato soup but soup in general and pureed is what I was suppose to be on, the only thing I might  say is there is not enough protein in 2 oz of tomato soup and mashed potatoes.  My food tracker says both those add up to 2.2 gr of protein an alot of carbs. 

I was suppose to get 45-60 grs of protein a day at 3 weeks, in fact on day 5 as well, yepper that was a challenge but an 11 oz Premier shake is 30 grams of protein, that will take some time, I know but that's kind of a minimum at this stage even if you cant get 45 grs,.   You need lots more protein to heal and to nourish your body right  now then you mention...along with about the same amount of water, its like a full time job at first, with your tummy is still swollen and its hard to get down.  My plan says 1 oz water every 15 minutes, that's 4 oz or a cup an hour at minimum...at least 30 oz a day minimum... I was taking about 60 ounces a day at 3 weeks but we cant compare ourselves but you need to get more protein, no question....  Good  Luck!  

PS a half of a cup of low fat cottage cheese is 14 grs of protein, you can puree this too if you need to
HW: 425    SW: 337   CW: 262 GW: 217 (surgeon)  
Pre-surgery loss; 88 lbs (mostly in my required 6 month insurance class)
CheeseLover
on 2/21/12 9:27 am
VSG on 02/16/12
I'd say it's fine. I asked my nutritionist before I ate some tomato soup yesterday and she said it's okay as long as I used FF Lactaid instead of water (which I would have done anyway). I am just having such a hard time stomaching these protein-packed broth soups the doctor sold me. They are gritty and I have texture issues. Anyway I am only 5 days out, and was 4 yesterday when I had it. They didn't seem to think there was a problem.
 HW: 396 SW: 299 CW: 252 GW: 175

FINALLY BROKE THAT GOD-AWFUL STALL!!!!
tall_not_venti
on 2/21/12 11:30 am
VSG on 02/23/12
If you are okay with t the tomato soup, try pureeing cottage cheese or plain Greek yogurt in it. Doesn't change the taste, and boosts the protein.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 388 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views