surgery dates the week of 2/27

girlingarden1
on 2/22/12 1:52 am - Tuckerton, NJ
VSG on 02/27/12
 Any and all with surgery the week of 2/27 just posting to see how everyone is doing on pre-op diets any encouragement needed.  So happy today starts lent.  Yesterday Shrove Tuesday was rough with pancake supper, and pre surgical testing.  I made smart choices for a lunch out, and stayed away from the pancakes.  Have more energy to clean and enjoy the warm temps for February.
Alison

Michelle H.
(Rainbomama)

on 2/22/12 2:17 am - LA
VSG on 02/27/12
My surgery is scheduled for 7 a.m. Central time on Monday, February 27. I'm so stoked. Dr. Borland doesn't require any dieting before surgery so I'm not doing anything different yet. I'll just have to do clear liquids all day before surgery and n.p.o. after midnight on Sunday. I also have to drink 2 bottles of magnesium citrate.
girlingarden1
on 2/22/12 7:50 pm - Tuckerton, NJ
VSG on 02/27/12
 The pre diet isn't to bad.  I see you've had problems finding protein powders.  Iso pure makes a clear fruit premade drink so no gritty protein.  also there is a product called PROFECT that gives you 20g of protein in 1oz.  I plan on mixing it with my water.  I comes in about 13 different flavors.  Also New Whey makes protein drink shots  42g in 3oz  and they ave about 6 flavors and are truly clear.  If you are using milk try Skim Plus milk or Over the Moon fat free You get about 11g of protein per cup and they taste like whole or 2% without the fat.  I also can only drink from a sports container or the shaker cups.   Hope this helps you get your protein
Alison

Michelle H.
(Rainbomama)

on 2/22/12 10:17 pm - LA
VSG on 02/27/12
Wow! Thanks for all the great suggestions, Alison. I did find a powder that I'm going to be able to drink. It's Syntrax Chocolate Truffle with milk. I'll look into Over the Moon. Never heard of it before.
girlingarden1
on 2/23/12 1:51 am - Tuckerton, NJ
VSG on 02/27/12
 Just remember you will be drinking it for sometime, and variety is always helpful when trying to stick to a plan.  Can you handle choc. truffle 4+ times a day?  Just (food) lol for thhought.
Alison

Michelle H.
(Rainbomama)

on 2/23/12 5:17 am - LA
VSG on 02/27/12
Very true, Alison. I'm going to have to start venturing out a bit and find something else to go with it. In the meantime, I'm stoked to have found ANYTHING. I really struggled with finding one that I could stomach.
girlingarden1
on 2/23/12 9:09 pm, edited 2/23/12 9:09 pm - Tuckerton, NJ
VSG on 02/27/12
I was lucky that we have a great suppliment store close by, that cater to the workout buffs as well as Bariatric patients in conjunction with the hospital. They are a young couple, very helpful, with awesome customer service. From the beginning they offered samples of every product in their store, but if you told them wat you likes in taste and texture they would work with it. They are even developing their own line of products.
What you have is a start and a good one. Was getting worried for you, that you might not find anything. Are you going to try the strawberry and vanilla too? Having 3 flavors to mix up would be awesome.
Alison

Michelle H.
(Rainbomama)

on 2/24/12 5:44 am - LA
VSG on 02/27/12
I'm thinking about trying a different flavor but I'm not sure what I'm going to try just yet. I think I'll go with vanilla. I'm not so keen on strawberry.

It's so neat that you have a store so close that offers samples. Every store could make a killing on samples if they'd offer those first. I know I would have bought a LOT more samples if they had been available to me.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 401 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 428 views