YouTube Journey

MHarmon77
on 2/22/12 12:20 pm - TX
Hello Again All! Just to let everyone know I started a YouTube Journey that everyone can follow that gives everyone a face and personality too! You can check me out under Fatchew2Matthew on the YouTube search engine. Leave comments and don't forget to rate my video. I also gave a shout out to OH to try and recruit new members.
Shagdoll
on 2/22/12 12:49 pm
I just viewed your 2 videos. Sounds like you are ready to make a life style change. Good luck with everything & keep us posted!
(deactivated member)
on 2/22/12 3:09 pm - Greater Austin Area
VSG on 02/03/12
Congratulations on you and your wife's choice for the sleeve. I enjoyed watching your videos. I am about the same age and my bmi was 38. I just had the sleeve a few weeks ago. So far, so good. The restriction is amazing. You won't feel hungry and after you eat a little bit, you are full. I am a binge eater too. I think the benefits of the sleeve over the Roux en Y are there are less complications, less malabsorptive problems, and just an easier overall time of it. I have seen some scary things about the gastric bypass including one person who got Guillan Barre syndrome after having it and being left unable to walk. This happens rarely after bypass but it does happen. That was enough to scare me into choosing the sleeve. The lap band is so/so in my opinion. Some people it works for, some people it doesn't. Long term it's just not the best choice at all. Many people eventually have to have their lap bands taken out due to erosion, slippage, or other complications and they revert to the gastric sleeve. There are so many lap band revisions to gastric sleeve that I see not only on here but on other forums and also youtube. I think the sleeve is a great choice for you and your wife. Good luck in your journey and I'm subscribing to your videos.
MHarmon77
on 2/22/12 4:22 pm - TX

Thanks for all of the encouragement and comments. I hope I can help others that are in the same situation I was prior to making my decision. I know others helped me out tremendously. Sorry about the video being in two parts! LOL  I will be sure to keep it short and sweet!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 129 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 381 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 416 views