2 days post op... lots of pain

LISA C.
on 2/23/12 8:40 pm - NJ
VSG on 02/22/12
Got home about 11 last night. had dry heaves through the night and I'm scared to death to drink anything. I honestly didn;t think the pain would be this bad :(
Pkrplyr777
on 2/23/12 8:48 pm - CT
First breath....

Take your pain meds and take them regularly to stay ahead of any pain.

Get a spoon or shot glass and try to drink warm water every 15 minutes or so.
Use a timer.

Get some rest (if you get in 4-8 oz of water then get up and repeat the process)

The pain does go away soon. It gets better every day.

You need the fluids but they pump you full of fluids during the surgery so it's a bit of a grace period. Just make sure you drink some and then you will drink more.

Congrats!
donna
  HW/233 *  SW/212 * CW/133 *GW/132 * 100 Pounds of FAT gone FOREVER!

Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple~Dr.Suess            
Phatchick
on 2/23/12 9:01 pm - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12
Lisa, If the dry heaves continue call your doc and ask him for a prescription for Zofran. It is an anti-nausea drug that you do not swallow. It dissolves under your tongue and should stop the heaving. It is Friday, so do not wait until the late afternoon to call him. If he is in surgery or seeing patients, he will need the time to get your message and have his staff call in the RX.

I am praying for you dear one. You will get better. Try to sleep.

Sharon

specialone
on 2/23/12 10:10 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
VSG on 02/15/12
I'M SORRY YOUR HAVING SUCH A ROUGH TIME. I WASN'T ONE OF THOSE LUCKY ONES WHO DIDN'T HAVE PAIN. TAKE YOUR PAIN MEDS AND CALL YOUR DOCTOR FOR ZOFRAN. I THINK THE ZOFRAN HELPED ME MORE THAN ANYTHING! I HOPE YOU START FEELING BETTER. I'M ONLY 9 DAYS OUT BUT IT DOES GET BETTER! BIG HUGS!!!!
    S/W233        
Most Active