scale

D_love
on 2/24/12 10:42 am
 My question is for post op patients who are at least 1 year out during your first year of weight loss did the numbers ever go up in that journey? I am 4 months post op beginning of the fourth month and I have lost 65 pounds so far. At times during this 65 pound weight loss I have gained 2 pounds here and there but then continue to loose I am nowhere nearing 1000 calories a day maybe I am getting in about 500-800 calories I worry that I am not eating enough can this cause weight gain? I have no idea why I sometimes go up on the scale?

please help advice and your knowledge on this situation would be sooo appreciated;]
Shannon_K
on 2/24/12 10:46 am - OK
I'm only almost 3 weeks out. Post op.  I think we are still at 850 calories at 4 months. 
Jaybee766
on 2/24/12 10:47 am - Silver Spring, MD
VSG on 02/27/12 with
I'm still pre-op for a few more days so I'm no expert. But I can tell you what my trainer tells me - DO NOT sweat 3 lbs or less.  He says that our bodies can fluctuate +/- 3 pounds easily based on any number of factors.  I was really happy to hear that.  Also, I tend to step on and off my scale a couple times and get an average.  Unless you have a very pricey, very well calibrated scale it can fluctuate a bit too.  You're doing amazingly!!  I hope you can find joy in those 65 lbs lost.  Hang in there!
Jeanne 

Height 5'7"   HW: 314     SW: 293

D_love
on 2/24/12 10:51 am
 Thank you that is great to hear yes I am ecstatic about the 65 pounds but I cant help but feel I am doing wrong when I see it go up it is scary after surgery I became obsessed with the scale;/ I need to get it out of sight;]

D_love
on 2/24/12 10:49 am
Hi Shan yes I am very confused because all my surgeon kept saying is stay below your 1200 calories and you will be fine;/ So maybe im eating to many lol;]???
twelvegates
on 2/24/12 11:35 am
VSG on 02/13/12
You are doing just fine. No need to worry.

frisco
on 2/24/12 11:39 am

I think your doing great !!!

The worst thing you can do is try and chase it......

I mentioned this in another post... I think yesterday......

Elina also mentions not trying to chase it......

The problem with the wig wag method..... is you end up wigging when you should be wagging...... and in the long run you don't do as well.......

You can believe this or not.... but I would encourage you to search yourself....... many....many on a 1200cal plan have problems losing weight after 6 months......than reality sets in and they have to decrease their caloric intake..... or that's all she wrote.....slow...slow.....or...no mo!

That said a few here do well on 1200cals a day..... doing "Heavy" work outs and Cardio that probably put them net. below a 600-800cal program....

My surgeon does not believe in the increased calorie approach for us non-athletes.

I would say... keep doing what your doing all the way to goal...... this way you won't have as hard of time losing the last weight. It's hard enough without having to cut calories way back..... set yourself up for the end part..... just trudge through the stalls.......be consistent !!!!!

Maintenance is the place to get experimental to find your tolerances......

Hope this helps...

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

D_love
on 2/24/12 12:23 pm
thank you for the info so should my calorie intake at this stage be between 600-800?
frisco
on 2/24/12 12:39 pm
On February 24, 2012 at 8:23 PM Pacific Time, D_love wrote:
thank you for the info so should my calorie intake at this stage be between 600-800?

I can't make that recommendation........It's your deal and in reality....should be between you and your surgeon..... If your on your own....than only you can make that choice......

I can only tell you what worked for me and many others.

600-800 cals

40 grams or under carbs

70 plus grams protein (women) 90 plus grams (men)

64oz. or more fluids

Activity more days than not.

I lost 190lbs. in 13 months doing this..... from 338lbs to 148lbs........YMMV

Hope this helps !

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

D_love
on 2/24/12 5:02 pm
 That is awesome congrats on your weight loss;] Thanks for the great advice. 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 401 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 428 views