lower leg cramps

Mermaid7
on 2/24/12 12:51 pm
4 months out and I have had lower leg cramps for the past month.  Anyone here experience this?  I did some research and I think it may be due to lack of magnesium.  But there are so many different kids of magnesium.  Any suggestions/
I take a multi vitimin, B12, B6, fish oil, vitimin D3.

I don't take calcium either, but maybe I should...

Thanks>

C. Harvey
on 2/24/12 1:17 pm
VSG on 01/11/12
Lack of potassium...eat bananas, but make sure you get it checked...too much potassium can be bad also. Mine's been very low since surgery. I am on a supplement now.

ednjen30
on 2/24/12 2:30 pm - CA
 I am 6 months out.  I get horrible leg cramps  when i dont drink enough water.   Not in the back of my legs, but in between the 2 bones in the front.  

If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.
       - Anonymous    
(deactivated member)
on 2/24/12 11:04 pm - Canada
most liketly (as the other lady said) lack of Potassium.  Which can be very dangerous.  I would 100 percent with out a doubt go get blood work done.  Like the one lady said eat banannas.  However sometimes, depending how low yours might be,  bananas really arent enough.  You can get potasium vitamins in liquid or pill form ...which ever works best for you.  but seriously get blood work ....low potassium  is nothing ot play with !!

check out this link ...

http://www.livestrong.com/article/31586-dangers-low-potassiu m-levels/
twelvegates
on 2/25/12 1:35 am
VSG on 02/13/12
If your bloodwork comes back OK, I've had great luck with these:

http://www.drugstore.com/hylands-leg-cramps-with-quinine-tab lets/qxp33736

The tablets are small and they are inexpensive. You can also let them dissolve under your tongue, and they taste a *****alky, but not disgusting.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 80 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 292 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 344 views