Waiting for Doc's office to Submit to Insurance!

mrsnate
on 2/24/12 2:08 pm
VSG on 04/27/12 with
I HATE waiting on other people to do things.  I've finished all of my requirements for my insurance company and I'm waiting for the doctor's office to submit my paperwork now.  Patience is not my strong suit!  I want to get a date..yesterday.  As far as impatience goes, I really do have real reasons for needing to get this scheduled.  We're taking our kids out of town next month and have birthdays and out of town guests that I'd like to prepare for.  I just need to know when to schedule help with my 4 kiddos and stuff!  The part that makes me nuts is that I've been through all this before.  A year and a half ago, I did all these same preop requirements (6 month diet, cardiac clearance, psych eval..etc, etc) only to have my insurance cancel me.  This time, my insurance is different and cancelling me is not really possible.  Thank heaven!  I just want an approval, a date and a plan! 

Thanks for letting me vent.
~Rebecca
Mother to 4, married to a wonderful man, trying to find myself again.    
moonglo82
on 2/24/12 2:30 pm
VSG on 03/29/12
I understand your frustration. Some of these people who work for these surgeons really seem to not care about the fact that our money (or our insurance money) is paying their salary. I actually left my original surgeon over a similar issue. Then again, being self pay, this actually worked out better for me because I am saving tons of money this way too

As far as the plans for next month, are you sure you want to try and schedule your surgery during all of that anyways? You may find that you won't want to do a lot of major travelling too early out, just because the diet restrictions early out can make travelling more difficult. Not impossible, but definitely not ideal.

As late as it is in February now, IMHO you may do better to shoot for a date that falls right after all of that travelling.

Best of luck. Keep us posted!

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

FabulousNFree
on 2/24/12 3:52 pm - GA
VSG on 03/22/12
I completely understand...my surgeons office submitted my info on 2/16. I've been constantly checking just to confirm BCBSIL received my info..so frustrating when people make you feel you're being an emotional, impatient, irritable person. And in the end...my file has to be refaxed today 2/24!!!! I was sooooo mad. And I feel BCBSIL misplaced the paperwork! So I'm definitely staying on top of them, my situation is time-sensitive as well, so they will just have to get use to hearing my voice Stay on top of your situation...no one cares about you more than YOU) GOOD LUCK.
Phatchick
on 2/24/12 10:07 pm - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12
Hi Fab, My coordinator at the surgeons office submitted my info to BCBSIL on 02/16 also and I was approved on 02/21. When was your first visit to your surgeon? I started January 26th. I am amazed at how fast things went. I saw the psychologist 3 days later, had the breathing test on that same day, and in the past 2 weeks have seen the pathologist, cardiologist, had a stress test and echocardiogram. My head is spinning. I gave it to God and told Him, I wanted this in His time.

I do know what it is to wait though, and it is hard when you want something so bad. I have tried for 8 years to get approved. BCBSIL rocks. I will pray you get your approval soon. Blessings, Sharon

Pooch2
on 2/24/12 4:02 pm

Yea hurry up and wait, I had to wait 6 months in a class but I re-learned I could lose weight and that food logs were very important feedback for me.    I hope it goes quick for you.  Meanwhile, you can use this time to move towards a low carb, high protein diet and keep lowering your calorie count until its time (if your not already), the more weight you lose now, they quicker you will get to goal....   Good Luck!

HW: 425    SW: 337   CW: 262 GW: 217 (surgeon)  
Pre-surgery loss; 88 lbs (mostly in my required 6 month insurance class)
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 89 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 303 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 350 views