OT: food processor/healthy cooking question

LISA C.
on 2/28/12 8:17 am - NJ
VSG on 02/22/12
I have been reading about healthy cooking and compiling recipes for when I can eat again. I love the world according to eggface website and have learned a lot there!  I'm not currently a very good cook or courageous one, but the standbys of pasta and frying are no longer to be so I need to learn new ways.

The first thing I need to get is a food processor.  Does anyone have any suggestions for a good one? We are a family of three so I don't need a huge one, but I looked at so many online and got confused :)

thanks for any info for a cookie newbie. 
happyteacher
on 2/28/12 8:28 am
 Straight up, I am not a cook.  With that said this is the one that we have and we love the versatility
Got it originally at O.com for $20.  This link just shows you what it is, not where I bought it.  I like it because the immersion blender is super handy and it has an attachment to chop junk in a bowl.  Used to have a fancier cuisinart model (costco) and it wasn't worth the bulk for what we do.  

http://www.amazon.com/Wolfgang-Puck-Immersion-Blender-choppe r/dp/B005LID21A/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1330475192&sr=8-2 

But if you want to be a real cook wait for someone else to reply.  Our guy Frisco is the resident chef expert- maybe he will catch your post :) 

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

(deactivated member)
on 2/28/12 10:25 am - Winter Park, FL
 OMG don't get a food processor!!  The pureed-soft foods phase is so short you won't even get the full benefit of it.  I wish I could return mine. 

I'm like you - hate cooking, love quick, convenient foods.  Now, I actually enjoy cooking, though I stick to the same recipes (we have picky eaters; myself included).  I got by great with my old food chopper (I think it's a Proctor Silex); it only holds 1 cup so it worked perfect.  I found a lot of recipes on Kraft Foods too since I was never a huge soups/stew person.  Now I'm on maintenance phase, so I eat "regular" foods - mostly chicken & beef.
Most Active