Two weeks out

LISA C.
on 3/6/12 9:31 pm - NJ
VSG on 02/22/12
... and I've lost just under 17 pounds!

Today I can start having yogurt (not Greek yet, NUT said too thick), scrambled eggs, thinned oatmeal, etc.  I guess officially it's the pureed stage, but I'm not pureeing anything - can't stand that texture. I'll stick with the applesauce, strained soups, oatmeal, etc.

I've learned so much already in these two weeks about living with my sleeve.  I know I have a long way to go, but at least my journey has started.

I did find out that my taste buds did not change; I still want sweets.  I made SF FF pudding last night and had some... well, the old demons were back and I wanted to eat that whole bowl.  So no more pudding in this house.  Jello doesn't trigger that "I have to eat it all" demon so I guess I'll stick with that.
I am still struggling to get all my fluids in. Most days I get about 32 oz. water and another 16-20 through protein shakes.  I need to do better there.

Thanks for all the support, encouragement, and advice from my fellow sleevers!  This site has been absolutely invaluable to me.
Laura C.
on 3/6/12 10:29 pm
VSG on 02/23/12
Way to go on the weight loss! I'm two weeks out tomorrow so I'm right there with you in the food aspect. I'm not pureeing anything either too nasty. However, I am jealous that you are eating scrambeled eggs. I tried a couple days ago and it made me my stomach upset and I had to lay down for awhile.

Since you are part of this forum I'm sure you already have looked at this blog, but just in case: http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2007/08/pureed-foods.html. I made her Baked Ricotta last night. I love it!

It constantly surprises me that the journey has begun and will continue to loose weight. Such an awesome feeling!
                             HW: 300        SW: 290         GW: 165

Lisak52
on 3/6/12 11:47 pm - NY
VSG on 02/20/12
I had mine on 2/20.
I am also at 17lbs loss. I also will not puree foods. YUCK! I am doing greek yogurt,scrambled eggs,cottage cheese,and a few other foods I probably should not be.
Fluids are really tough for me.Water does not sit in my tummy well at all.most fluids hurt my belly. SF Icepops are my saving grace.
Good Luck!
Began my journey September 2011. Weight 226 lbs
Pre Op 2/20/12  Weight 216 -VSG 2/20/12

Most Active