FINALLY!

PYJennings
on 3/7/12 5:28 am - Silver Spring, MD
My company FINALLY picked up the WLS rider, so I can finally have surgery!

If anyone can help w/ codes for the sleeve and recomend a surgeon in the DC metro area, I would appreciate it 

PrettyEyes_41
on 3/7/12 5:41 am - MS
VSG on 06/12/12
First you need to get the insurance company to send the WLS requirements to you so you can see if they require a 6 month presurgery diet. Mine did and you have to have documented monthly weigh-ins either with your family dr or surgeon. Right now that is a pain in my behind because mine says you have to have more than 2 weeks between appts and I had 13 days between 2 of them (one the third week of one month and one the first week). Don't have any codes for you but just thought I'd give you a hint to prevent you from possibly going through my disappointments. GOOD LUCK!!

Gale     Age: 55, Height: 5' 5.5", HW: 236, SW: 210, 1st GW: 150.  Surgery BMI: 39.3  Extremely HBP, High Cholesterol & borderline diabetic.      

PYJennings
on 3/7/12 5:48 am - Silver Spring, MD
 Thank you so much!
katie M.
on 3/7/12 6:08 am
VSG on 03/29/12
PYJennings, I'm not in DC but I'm going to a surgeon in Baltimore (U of MD) and I can't say enough great things about him. My surgery is at the end of the month. His name is Mark Kligman. I STRONGLY suggest going to his seminar while looking for surgeons. I've heard people say that as they were shopping around they were sold after going to his seminar. Good luck & congrats!!

http://www.umm.edu/weightloss/surgery.htm
Centexcat
on 3/7/12 6:54 am
I would also suggest you go over you ins policy with a fine tooth comb - my ins will pay for Rny and lap band but not the sleeve - unless I go through a military hospital - and ck and double ck what the requirements are to get approved - you can never be too prepared....
 If you are neutral in situations of injustice you have chosen the side of the oppressor ~ Desmond Tutu    
bigtigger1010
on 3/7/12 6:59 am - Laurel, MD
VSG on 04/05/12
The code for the sleeve is 43775... I'm in Laurel and going to Dr Averbach (office in Catonsville, surgery in Baltimore @ St. Agnes)... My first choice was Dr. Barry Greene who is in Rockville and operates @ Shady Grove, but he does not take HMO & I can't pay upfront and wait for re-imbursement... Dr Cook also operates @ Shady Grove & takes HMO, but I couldn't find any reviews for her regarding bariatric surgery, only general surgery and her office when I calles didn't even know if she was seeing bariatric WLS patients, so that was a big NONO! I found Dr. Averbach through the OH site and he has many great reviews... haven't found a bad one yet! I'm still pre-op but so far he and his office staff have been great... I will be sleeved the end of this month or the beginning of next! Good luck on ur journey!!!

HW:344  SW:329  CW:207.8  Losses: pre-op - 15/ post-op - 121.2        
M1 -  25      M2 -  18    M3 -  14.2    M4  - 11.8     M5   - 14      M6  -  9.6
M7 -  6.6     M8 -  7.0   M9 -  5.6      M10 - 7.8      M11 - 1.6+      M12- ??    

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 285 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 336 views