Opinions please

LISA C.
on 3/12/12 12:22 am - NJ
VSG on 02/22/12
 I'm not sure I'm doing this whole thing right.  I will be three weeks out as of Wednesday and am at the pureed stage.  

The paperwork I have from my nut says I should eat 3 meals and 2 snacks a day but NOT to eat if I'm not hungry.  And therein lies the issue.  I'm not hungry.  I was the first two weeks (in fact I was climbing the walls from head hunger and physical hunger). Now it's like someone flipped a switch in my head and I'm just not hungry.  Yesterday all I had to eat was half a yogurt.  I couldn't even get my protein drinks and water down. 

I know I have to do better with the protein drinks and water, and I'm already doing well today so far.  But food? I have no desire to eat and I'm not hungry. Should I eat anyway?  Forcing myself to eat just seems so... counterproductive. 

I have an appt with my surgeon and nut next Tuesday, but in the meantime I thought I;d ask for opinions here since you guys are the ones who have been there, done that! 

Thanks for any suggestions or advice. 
acbbrown
on 3/12/12 12:27 am - Granada Hills, CA
 Eat on a schedule - weigh and measure all your food. You just need to focus on fueling your body. It's not about what our heads do or do not want anymore. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

(deactivated member)
on 3/12/12 1:25 am
My doctor was very clear about this point.  Make sure you are getting your liquids in, followed by the required amount of protein.  These are not negotiable, otherwise, you do not have to eat if you are not hungry.  Your hunger will eventually return to some extent.  I felt the same way you are feeling early out.  I only ate about 300-400 calories a day, but they were all good, lean protein.  The fact that you are not hungry is wonderful, this gives you the opportunity to eat the right things for the right reasons rather than just following your hunger or your cravings.  Choose food and eat food as if it is your prescribed medicine, just the things you need and nothing more.  This will help you learn new eating habits in the long run.  This is the time to create a new relationship with food, and the lack of hunger and cravings makes this doable. Good luck to you and to all of us.
LISA C.
on 3/12/12 1:38 am - NJ
VSG on 02/22/12
Thank you ladies!

Elina, did your dr. say it's okay to drink the protein?  I get almost all of my protein from Isopure Zero (yuck) and Syntrax Nectar shakes. I am eating very, very little food so getting little to no protein that way.   I know that will change a bit once I can get eat solids, but for now, I'm drinking my protein.

Thanks!
(deactivated member)
on 3/12/12 1:49 am
As long as its good quality protein (and the ones you mentioned are good), you are golden.  No worries, just get the protein and liquids in and you should be just fine.  Remember, this is a temporary thing, you will eat more soon so you really don't have to push this at all. 
LISA C.
on 3/12/12 1:51 am - NJ
VSG on 02/22/12
 Thank you very much!
Most Active