Two weeks post op today

teacher071
on 3/13/12 11:50 am - TX
 My, time is flying by. I have done very well mentally because I have so much support and I was lucky enough to have three weeks off. I have had my moments of mad head hunger and only one major crying hissy fit. So that is better than I thought it would be. My recovery has been super. My incisions look amazing for just two weeks out. One of them is nearly invisible. I started back at they gym last Thursday walking a mile and doing some light five lb weights on the biceps on triceps. I'm doing a mile and a quarter in 30 min which isn't great, but it's a start. I am super sick of liquids. I'm trying to vary it as much as I can. 

Got any good purée ideas? 

I lost 10 lbs the first 10 days home. Now the scale hasn't moved in four days. I keep reading that's normal, but I can't help but be annoyed. I know it will fall, but I'm like 'damn, I'm not eating and I'm exercising...what gives??' 

So I just need to chill on the scale thing and know it will go down. I'm wondering if it will help when I start dense proteins like chicken

Btw, how does turkey compare? There is a local smokehouse that makes incredible turkey. It is calling my name! 

A journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.     
HW:331  SW: 319   CW: 262  GW: 170 (or less...we'll see)
Solstyce
on 3/13/12 11:59 am - WA
VSG on 02/18/12 with
I'm just a week ahead of you and life is much better than the first week! I pureed a lot of soups- so go get that yummy turkey and make some soup with veggies then puree it- I also added cottage cheese to all of my pureed soups as it made it more creamy like and added a lot of protein.

HW: 286  Consult: 276  SW:265   Pre-op: -11   1Mo -27  2Mo -11  3Mo -15  4Mo -6 (stall
UGH!)  5Mo -12
teacher071
on 3/13/12 12:07 pm - TX
 Brilliant! I was thinking I might do a tomato base soup with it and spices...maybe like BBQ flavor.

I love the cottage cheese idea. Thanks!
New_me2011
on 3/13/12 12:34 pm - NY
VSG on 02/14/12
 Just check with your doctor before you have the tomato-based soup-some doctors say avoid tomatoes because they are acidic and can be a stomach irritant, the same with certain spices.Hopefully you will be cleared for whatever soups you like because clear and full liquids can get very boring very quickly. I also added unflavored protein powder to all purees to add extra protein, Best of luck, hopr this helps!!

Michele            

teacher071
on 3/13/12 12:45 pm - TX
 What kind of unflavored protein powder do you buy? That sounds like a good idea.
newme2011-2012
on 3/13/12 1:43 pm
I bought the tomato basil from the deli dept. at our lcal store .. Saved me during this phase!
Julie
  Highest weight 330 - GW 150  

LeapVSGer
on 3/13/12 1:50 pm
VSG on 02/29/12
 Congrats! My 2 week "surgiversarry" will be tomorrow ... I totally agree with you On how fast time has gone by!!!

Phatchick
on 3/13/12 10:03 pm - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12
You are doing FABULOUS. Congrats...Have you tried eggface's blog she has tons of ideas about variations on all phases of WLS dieting

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/

Hugs,

Sharon

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 135 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 393 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views