Three weeks out and nausea - normal??

LISA C.
on 3/17/12 4:16 am - NJ
VSG on 02/22/12
I am three weeks and 3 days from being sleeved.  For the past two days I have been so nauseaous that I haven't been able to drink any water. I did get a protein shake down this morning, but as soon as I drank a little water I had the dry heaves for 10 minutes.  I have had nausea on and off since the surgery but nothing as bad or prolonged as the past two days. 

Is this just a normal part of healing? I'm scared of a leak!  I have an appt with my surgeon Tuesday for a follow up.

thanks
tall_not_venti
on 3/17/12 5:50 am
VSG on 02/23/12
I don't know if it's normal, but have you tried warm water, like tea? I tolerate that a lot better than cold or cool water. Sorry you are feeling icky. If you burp, does it feel better for a bit? If so, maybe try a gas-x? I would also not hesitate to call your doctor this weekend if getting fluids is a problem.
sparkles4me
on 3/17/12 7:29 am - PA
VSG on 03/06/12
Im just about where you are... Was sleeved on the 6th.  Dont feel "great" but no nausea... I did for a while post op thought.  Im finding gas in my lower belly... and that is hard to "burp" as, there is not the big burp that used to be there!  Im trying more GasX , warm drinks... etc.  Its hard to figure out whats going on, I know... its very different.   Good luck with our visit.  Mine is the 21st. Just hang in there. Water DOES make you nauseous.. it just does...tea, ice pops... and if you are dehydrated G2 maybe?  That makes you more tired too.... Good luck! 
sparkles4me     
Most Active