Surgery Wednesday...I'm totally scared

fayhog2001
on 3/18/12 5:46 am - TX
VSG on 03/21/12 with
Seems as thought each day i get closer to my surgery date, the more scared i get...i've prepared well for this and i know it's something i have to do for myself...but i'm still scared!  My uncle passed away last week and i had to go home for the funeral during my pre-op diet...it was a true test!  I did well...but now I'm just nervous as heck!  YIKES!
onemoretry
on 3/18/12 5:51 am - GA
VSG on 03/21/12
I'm right there with you. As each day passes the butterflies get bigger and bigger. Like you, I know this is what I have to do. I am just so afraid of being the one that does not wake up from surgery, or being the one that does not lose the weight. I have to do this for me and my daughter. Nothing is more important to me than being here to see her grow. I will be praying for the both of us.

Sorry, to hear about your uncle. Great job on sticking to your pre-op diet!

HT: 5'4"      HW: 251  SW: 237  CW: 172 GW: 135 
LilySlim Weight loss tickers
"You can control how much water you drink, how much protein/carbs/cals you consume, and how much you exercise. FOCUS on those and not the scale, because no matter how hard we try, we do not control the scale." ~  acbbrown

AmberK
on 3/18/12 6:01 am
VSG on 03/07/12 with
 You will do great! I will be praying for you! Keep us updated on everything! 
(deactivated member)
on 3/18/12 6:10 am
Hey, being scared is normal. But I hear such great things about Dr. Nick. You're in really good hands. Feel free to PM me if you feel like you need some extra support to get through the pre-op jitters. I understand how nervous you are. It wasn't  that long ago I felt just the same way!
firefly2000
on 3/18/12 6:17 am - NJ
VSG on 03/20/12
 Sorry to hear about your uncle.
Like you, the closer I get to surgery day, the more nervous I become! There are many of us having surgery this week! Let's all stick together and pray that everything goes well!

Looking forward to meeting you all on the losers bench!
Lesley
jennygalthin n
on 3/18/12 6:20 am

Wishing you well with your procedure; I am sleeving on 03/23/12 so I am two days behind you; no pre-op diet so to speak but i am sampling different protein supplements ;
See you on the loser's bench

Feystorm
on 3/18/12 6:23 am - CA
VSG on 03/14/12
 I had huge anxiety leading up to my surgery - completely terrified.  But I knew deep down that I had made the right decision, even if I was questioning it all the way into the operating room.  lol.
It's normal to be scared.  But you know what you need to do.

HW:242 Start of Preop Diet:  217  SW:200 CW:116.8 GW: 115;  SOCAL MEETUPS GROUP!:  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/socalhallo2012/    

Soccerref
on 3/18/12 6:41 am
I'm feeling you, my surgery will be on Wednesday too, I'm excited, nervous & scared. I will be praying for all of us. I know GOD will be there for US.
I'm sorry about your Uncle.

tscasto
on 3/18/12 7:09 am - Urbandale, IA
VSG on 03/22/12
It sounds like I'm in the same boat with all of us having surgery this week. Mine is Thursday the 22nd. I already told my boyfriend that no matter what I say or do to just make me get in the car & go...LOL!  My family physicians nurse had bypass & said she went through same thing & that if I wasn't nervous, something is wrong. :-) She said not to be surprised if I go in crying. All totally normal. I still don't like it, but I also keep reminding myself this is for a better life than I have had & I have good support. I wish everyone having surgery this week an uneventful surgery & a speedy recover! Take care & keep smilin'!
Tenille 

HW-248.8   SW-233.4  1M-216.2   4M- 188.6
bbearsmama
on 3/18/12 7:47 am
RNY on 02/28/13
I am meeting with Dr. Nick tomorrow! I'm so excited! Good luck on Wednesday! I am sure it will all go well!!!

Pam :)

"B" bears' mama from Texas
Follow my journey on youtube: "bbearsmama" 

SW: 210 CW: 123.6

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 365 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 410 views