Twoterville, here I am!

Rosemary1031
on 3/19/12 12:20 am - Chula Vista, CA
VSG on 02/06/12
Holy Mole!
A few weeks ago I was pretty bummed out, in a stall, dreading it would last. My body has bounced back with a vengance and this week I lost 9 lbs! But then again, I moved and have been doing lots of walking with loading/unloading and carrying stuff back and forth.

What did I do!?! Lets see, I didnt go to the gym because I was moving, I DID walk at work on both of my 15 min breaks, I (literally) pushed tha****er in, I know I had lots of chicken this week lol, and for the first time really tried to incorporate more veggies. I might have upped my calories though, interestingly, because since I've been more active I've been needing that fuel, but this has been in relatively small portions/bites: a teaspoon of reduced fat PB, a few portions of raw almonds, I did try pork rinds this week as well but a few pieces satisfied the craving, and also I incorporated all-bran cereal and a few bites of banana. At 6 weeks post-op, most of these foods are completely new to me, but it's interesting that this has been my biggest weight loss since my first week post-op.

Either way, I'm happy with the results and with the increased energy and the WILL to be active. Getting out of the 300's is something I have not done in nearly 10 yrs! This is monumental for ME!

AmberK
on 3/19/12 1:10 am
VSG on 03/07/12 with
I was wondering if anyone is eating pork rinds? I would think those would be so good to satisfy that chip craving without any carbs! How did they go down? 

VSG 3/07/12     HW:260   SW: 249   CW:164  

J.Lo 74
on 3/19/12 1:24 am, edited 3/19/12 1:25 am
Pork rinds are okay if they help keep you from making worse food choices but they are not a good way to increase your protein totals. The reason they say "not a significant source of protein" and usually list the protein count as being 0% of our daily value is because of the type of protein they contain - hydrolyzed gelatin protein. It's a very low quality protein according to the FDA. People that have had WLS absorb little to none of it. They can be high in fat and sodium too.
Rosemary1031
on 3/19/12 1:53 am - Chula Vista, CA
VSG on 02/06/12
I did my research here, and asked my NUT. It's not a food that she recommends because it has very little nutritional value and high sodium content. However, if you get a raging craving for something crunchy, it's not the worst choice you can make. I bought a small snack size bag of the plain (the chili ones tend to have lots more sodium), took a few pieces, and the bag sits in my cabinet for another time.
They went down fine, but remember I'm a little further out than you are. I must have had 2 medium pieces. I felt that was more than enough; any more I would have felt major stuckage, because unlike before you can't guzzle down any fluids after any kind of consumption. This makes a major difference in the low amounts of food I take in.

No nutritional value but again...not the worst choice either!

CheeseLover
on 3/19/12 2:53 am
VSG on 02/16/12
Yay, isn't it such a fantastic feeling?! Congrats!
 HW: 396 SW: 299 CW: 252 GW: 175

FINALLY BROKE THAT GOD-AWFUL STALL!!!!
kylovebug
on 3/19/12 3:43 am
Awesome! I have been to twoterville since I was 18! 

You are doing great!
BreathingEasy
on 3/19/12 5:21 am - WA
VSG on 01/09/12
Good Job!! It's so exciting to get below 300. I stood on the scale and cried I was so happy. Keep up the good work!!

Starting Weight: 374- Surgery Weight:338   5"4 height
theshrinkingmimi
on 3/19/12 7:14 am
Awesome milestone.

I'm going to move twice in the next 3 months. I hope that I have results like that.  Impressive!
Pre-liquid diet 392; VSG'd on 6/10/11; 5'9"; SW 368/ GW 195?

Pounds lost: mth1=26.7; mth 2=21.2; mth 3=24.8; mth 4=13.8; mth 5=14.2;  
            mth 6=11.8; mth 7=9.2; mth 8&9= 17.2    
Rosemary1031
on 3/19/12 8:09 am - Chula Vista, CA
VSG on 02/06/12
Thanks, all!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 71 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 264 views