Four weeks out update

LISA C.
on 3/20/12 8:21 am - NJ
VSG on 02/22/12
I'll be four weeks out tomorrow; I had my follow-up appt with my surgeon today.  He was very pleased with my progress.  I've lost 22.8 pounds, or 25% of my excess body weight. I was actually feeling down about what I'd lost until he pointed out the percentage of weight I've lost.  Then I felt better.

I'm still having some nausea, but otherwise have been doing well.  What a learning curve this past month has been.  I literally am learning how to eat all over again. I ate too fast a few times and - YIKES - have learned that lesson.  This is a tough lesson, because in my BS (Before Surgery) life, I just inhaled food.  It seriously takes conscious thought and effort to chew and eat slowly. 

I need to  improve my fluid intake. I generally get about 48 oz. in and I need to do better.  I'm working on that.

I was cleared for exercise today so I'll be returning to the gym and the treadmill.  I know the weight loss is going to slow down now, but hopefully adding exercise to my routine will help me keep losing at a decent pace.

I was cleared for food today too!  Real food, no more of that puree stuff :)  For dinner I had some grilled chicken breast and string beans (very little of each of course) and yum!  It felt good to eat real food.

I have to say that one thing that has been difficult for me is being satisfied,  emotionally, after eating.  I used to eat until I was stuffed, so now that I'm eating only til satisfied feels... weird.  My mind plays tricks because I end up thinking, "Gee, I'm still hungry, i didn't eat enough" even when I'm physically not hungry.  I have to tell myself that yes, I has enough to eat and no, I'm not hungry. It's strange but I hope the brain will stop those tricks.   

Thanks for all the support and encouragement I've received from you great folks; I could not have gotten through this past month without you all!
alwayz_smilin2587
on 3/20/12 8:37 am - MO
VSG on 04/16/12
 How exciting! Great job on your weight loss so far!!! I'm so excited to start my journey! I have my last consultation with my surgeon next Thursday and then I get my surgery date! I cant wait! Thanks for sharing your update!
LoveNevrNds
on 3/20/12 12:11 pm, edited 3/20/12 12:12 pm
VSG on 02/22/12
 Woohoo!  We were sleeved on the same day!  Congrats on your progress, you are doing AWESOME!!!  Keep up the great work!
Tasha

Most Active