2 week post-op check up. Praising God!

AdeanaMarie
on 3/21/12 1:33 am - MI
VSG on 03/08/12
Wait for it.... God has allowed me to lose 23.7 (doctors scales... ticker says differently) pounds this past month.  Unbelievable.  I feel great and I am ready to start exercising and have been cleared for it as well.  Surgeon says everything is going perfectly.  I was cleared to start pureed foods today, for the next four weeks.  So excited to have something other than liquids.  My energy level is fabulous and other than some tummy discomfort when drinking water (surgeon says that does go away) and a bit of soreness from the incisions, I feel better than I have in years.  Praise God!  Thank you all for your prayers and support!  It definitely has been a process getting here and will continue to be one over the next months and years.... then again, isn't life a process.  I am thankful that I am enjoying life in a new way again and that things that seemed impossible before, now seem so doable.  :O)
mrsfloflo
on 3/21/12 1:52 am - Grand Prairie, TX
How awesome!! So happy for your great progress!
"Enjoying my life and the confidence to experience more!
My support system: God, my husband, my family and wonderful friends!! I am so richly blessed and God is a God of second chances and this is one He has blessed me with and I'm not taking it for granted!!! Yeah

tscasto
on 3/21/12 2:01 am - Urbandale, IA
VSG on 03/22/12
That's wonderful! Congrats!!
Tenille 

HW-248.8   SW-233.4  1M-216.2   4M- 188.6
LisaR1975
on 3/21/12 3:03 am - MI
VSG on 03/13/12
Woo Hoo!!!! Congratulations!!!!     
kylovebug
on 3/21/12 3:14 am
That is awesome!
mjtierra
on 3/21/12 4:20 am - CA
VSG on 03/08/12
Yay for you!! I have my 2 week checkup on Friday.. Have stayed off the scale since being weighed in day of surgery.. Was that 23 lbs in two weeks? that's incredible..

Very happy for you :)

(deactivated member)
on 3/21/12 4:22 am - Canada
 I think it is wonderful that you give God the glory. we can do all things through Christ who gives us strength!
AdeanaMarie
on 3/21/12 4:33 am - MI
VSG on 03/08/12
To God be the glory, for you know I cannot do this on my own.  Tried for years and it never worked.  Yes, I had surgery to help the process.  But God brought me through surgery safely, HE is healing my body quickly, HE is giving me the energy and emotional healing.  Without HIM, I would still be consumed by food addiction that held me captive for so many years.  I finally feel free!  I believe I was always free... but now, I finally feel it!

It was 23 pounds in 4 weeks.  It was my pre weight before I started the pre-op diet.  I didn't weight myself at home either.  I figure... If I do what they tell me to do and listen to my body and needs, the weight will come off.  I do not want to be obsessed over the scale... it is just gravity pulling down on us.  I want to "feel' me getting lighter and watch the clothes get bigger... then buy smaller ones.  I know a healthy weight is important, but at this point I am just going to weigh in at the doctors office until I am further out.

bc5184
on 3/21/12 6:19 am
Congrats!! My two week appt. is tomorrow. I have weighed at home.  Can't help it, I have always done that.  I was 16 pounds down (I am a lightweight) and am very happy.  I feel great and have more energy every day.  I also agree with you on praising God.  He gave me the strength and courage to do this for myself and brought me through surgery and recovery safely.  Good Luck on your continued success
TNERNURSE
on 3/21/12 12:34 pm
 Congratulations on your success! I am one week post-op and feel the same way. To God be the glory. He provides us strength and is healing not only our body but our mind and soul. Good luck.  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 166 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 442 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 463 views