Hellp me make the best choice.

(deactivated member)
on 3/20/12 1:03 pm
A group of us are meeting at this BBQ restaurant tomorrow.  I looked at the menu, and I must admit I am a bit overwhelmed.  What would you order of of this menu? 

http://www.armadillowillys.com/downloads/AWlt_Menu_112ver20.pdf

I am thinking about the smaller portion side of the menu.  What do you guys in your collective wisdom recommend?

I am in maintenance, but I watch my calories, and carbs and would like to stay on the lighter/est side.  I will not order any sides, except maybe a green salad with dressing on the side.  I know you brilliant people will help me figure this out.  Thank you.
Ms. Poker Face
on 3/20/12 1:07 pm
Wow, that menu looks yummy!!  I'm not sure if this is helpful, but I'd probably chose the smoked turkey or smoked boneless chicken.  Smoking infuses flavors but can be done without adding a bunch of excess calories if they put the sauces on the side.

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

(deactivated member)
on 3/20/12 1:10 pm
Yes, that is very helpful.  I was kind of thinking the same thing.  Thank you.  I read an article that said that chicken is actually often the very worst thing to order because of the skin and the butter they baste it with when it's cooking.  Who would have thought chicken could be a bad choice?
Donna B.
on 3/20/12 1:10 pm
I didn't look at the menu but if i had to eat out, i would select an appetizer for a meal.

55 y.o.    5'4"      HW: 180's      CW: 127      Doctor's GW: 130           My GW:  117        

~ working on reaching goal again after regain            

acbbrown
on 3/20/12 1:10 pm - Granada Hills, CA
 I might go with the small plate option -either chicken or the smoked turkey with a side salad. Sounds wonderful!  I lke these places because it's endless protein options, and it all sounds good. Its not like you have to settle for some so-so protein and avoid a bunch of deliicious carb-y meals. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

(deactivated member)
on 3/20/12 1:15 pm
Yup, I too am thinking turkey.  It's really hard to be good when the ribs are calling your name.  I know they are protein, but they have more fat and carbs than anything else on the menu.  The brisket looks really good too, but I bet the turkey is a better option. 
acbbrown
on 3/20/12 1:49 pm - Granada Hills, CA
 That's true about the ribs, but I can't stand fatty meats, so it wouldnt tempt me (all of my turkey and beef are the leanest cuts I can find).   BBQ and other sauces - definitely have to watch out for. I am AMAZED at how much carbs they can have in the form of sugar. I

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

novascotiadawn
on 3/20/12 1:15 pm - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I'd go with the small plate Texas Ribs and a side salad!!!

Butttt..I have been craving ribssssss!!!...Plus, I like to order what I don't make at home!

Hugs

Donna

Leaky sleeve survivor!!! 2008/2009 ~ 5'7"~ 42F Bougie

(deactivated member)
on 3/20/12 1:19 pm
Hi Donna, I have been craving ribs too, but this meal is going to happen right before my support group with Dr. Cirangle.  I'm worried someone will snap a picture of me covered in BBQ sauce with a rib sticking out of my mouth and show it to him later that same night.  :)  I am just kidding, but this group just might do it.  Seeing him once a month keeps me on the straight and narrow.  He scares the fat right out of me.  :)  Seriously, it's really helpful to know I have to see my friends and my doctor and be accountable once a month.  It's a fantastic group.
frisco
on 3/20/12 7:48 pm
On March 20, 2012 at 8:19 PM Pacific Time, Elina_7 wrote:
Hi Donna, I have been craving ribs too, but this meal is going to happen right before my support group with Dr. Cirangle.  I'm worried someone will snap a picture of me covered in BBQ sauce with a rib sticking out of my mouth and show it to him later that same night.  :)  I am just kidding, but this group just might do it.  Seeing him once a month keeps me on the straight and narrow.  He scares the fat right out of me.  :)  Seriously, it's really helpful to know I have to see my friends and my doctor and be accountable once a month.  It's a fantastic group.

You too !!!!!

I catch myself unconsciously "Getting Clean" a week before group !!!

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 161 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 433 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op