Free Food! A cathartic moment!

(deactivated member)
on 3/21/12 1:57 pm - Phoenix, AZ
VSG on 05/04/12 with
As most of you know, I'm moving to Arizona FRIDAY!!! I've been a packing fool. Today I decided to clean out the freezer. I couldn't throw all that GOOD food away! So...I put it on Craigslist! "Free Food...". A single mom came by to pick it up. As I put the steaks, ice cream, gnocchi, etc in the bag for her, it dawned on me. I'm giving away my bad habits and I'm ready for April 10. I'm ready to never need a freezer again!
Jack_Fabulous
on 3/21/12 2:06 pm - VA
VSG on 02/16/12
Wooo Hoooo!  And that mom probably needed the food for her family more than you did.  Good karma all around!

newme2011-2012
on 3/21/12 2:22 pm
What an awesome feeling!!! Not only are you helping yoou , but really helping her feed her famiily!! You must feel so great!!!!
Julie
  Highest weight 330 - GW 150  

InnerMe
on 3/21/12 3:02 pm
That is a perfect way to let go of those bad habits and prepare for your new life!
 Heather

54 lbs lost pre-op, VSG 3/16/12   
Linda B.
on 3/21/12 3:41 pm - CO
VSG on 09/13/12
What a wonderful way to clean out the freezer. You helped yourself, and a single mom, much better than tossing it. As for not ever needing a freezer again, well, it does come in handy. I find that since DH can't have large portions anymore, we freeze leftovers for future meals. Once I get sleeved too, we will need that system even more. I find that the crockpot & freezer are helpful for cooking and storing heathy food, it has helped us break the fast food habit. Happy packing.
doggz109
on 3/21/12 7:35 pm - CA
VSG on 01/12/12
Awesome attitude and you helped someone out to boot.

I will say though that I probably use my freezer more NOW than I did pre surgery.  Freezing greek yogurt for a treat.....stuff from costco...etc.
grisaille
on 3/21/12 9:25 pm - NC
What a GREAT idea !! I would never thought of Craig's List - probably would have taken to a local Food Bank. That's what I did when I cleaned my pantry of less healthy foods - my husband was very supportive of this which was great.

HW 369  SW 369 GW 199
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 161 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 433 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 456 views