Pre-op Appt

dmmassengale09
on 3/21/12 12:04 pm - Houston, TX
VSG on 06/21/12
Can anyone tell me what the average wait time to schedule surgery after your pre-op appt is? 
Jack_Fabulous
on 3/21/12 2:08 pm - VA
VSG on 02/16/12
Have you already been approved by your insurance? If so, it just depends on how busy your surgeon is. For me they said they could do it three weeks out. Insurance approval took about a week and a half. 

rarejem
on 3/21/12 3:20 pm, edited 3/21/12 3:20 pm - WA
VSG on 04/09/12
My pre-op is in the morning and my surgery is already scheduled for April 9th.  They scheduled it while we were waiting on insurance and before I did all my labs. Still have a blood filter issue to take care of then on to the losers bench. My insurance approved this morning.

HW:265, GW:165  CW: 164 Goal reached in 7 months.  

Eula "Evie" R.
on 3/21/12 3:21 pm - Mount Nebo, WV
If you are approved, it should not be much longer . I would say no more than 2 weeks, my guess.
God Bless
Evie

tabrielle10
on 3/22/12 1:05 am

You should have had your surgery date along with your last few preop tests.  When you actually preregister for your "anesthesia" visit, they are going to go over a few items with you, take a blood test and send you to xray. Your visit with your "surgeon" should be on that same day and next time you will see him is on your surgery day.  I would connect with the bariatric coordinator/nursing staff to check the schedule of your surgeon.  Where I live, they typically handle the schedule of which the surgeons are able to perform the surgeries.  Good luck and hope this helped.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 107 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 335 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 385 views