Peanut butter?

Regina T.
on 3/25/12 4:45 am - Snohomish, WA
VSG on 03/19/12
 Just wonderng if peanut butter is an ok food to eat on full liquids since it melts?  Im 6 days out and started fulls 2 days ago.  Any thoughts?

Regina.  Ready to live again.

AmberK
on 3/25/12 4:47 am
VSG on 03/07/12 with
 I would say no way. Full liquids means anything that can go through a strainer. PB would be too thick for your tummy right now. I was told I could have it at three weeks out! 

VSG 3/07/12     HW:260   SW: 249   CW:164  

(deactivated member)
on 3/25/12 5:10 am
Mushy stage for me.  Bu****ch out.  I dumped the first time I tried a teaspoon of PB.
BellaLaw
on 3/25/12 6:21 am - GA
VSG on 03/12/12
I was allowed to have creamy PB at about 10 days out. I didn't have any problems with it.
ms_dar
on 3/25/12 7:04 am - Canada
Be careful of dumping and of getting into habit of havin PB.  I didn't try it for a long time after surgery but when I did, I found it slowed or stopped my weight loss.

Ms. Poker Face
on 3/25/12 8:20 am
This.  It's easy to eat a lot of it and even easier to get in the habit of eating it... and it stalls my weight loss.  No more PB for me until goal.

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

Could_It_Be
on 3/25/12 8:00 am
 Yeah, pb sounded like avoid idea. Not so much, all the fat and sugar made me sick!!

Its definitely a slider for me and I try to avoid it.

Might try the pb2 to see how I like that.

VSG on 6/22/11
diane S.
on 3/25/12 8:30 am
nope don't do it.  there are some protein drinks that are peanut butter flavored. or you can buy PB2 powdered peanut buttter and blend it in a shake IF AND ONLY IF YOUR SURGEON APPROVES.  Hang in there. choices will open up soon enough.  diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

MyOwnSunshine
on 3/25/12 9:47 am
Maybe sparingly?  My dietician considers nuts and cheese "condiments" and not a main protein source.  I eat peanut butter rarely as a treat on a day where I've worked out really hard.  You have to be careful with it, because it's extremely hard to limit yourself (myself) to one serving size, and it really packs a lot of calories.
" I am not at all concerned with appearing to be consistent. In my pursuit after Truth I have discarded many ideas and learnt many new things."  Ghandi            
Regina T.
on 3/25/12 10:56 am - Snohomish, WA
VSG on 03/19/12
 Thanks for all of your responses?  Wow!  It definitely looks like I need to think this thru very thoroughly.  I enjoy peanut butter, but realize it's probably not te best protein source for me, and may even cause a carb overload or stall this esrly.  Who wants that?  Not me!  So I guess I can wait a little while before I attempt it.  Seeing those peanut butter eggs in the stores sure doesnt elp things!  Thanks again everyone.  :)

Regina.  Ready to live again.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 159 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 431 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 453 views