2 weeks out and feeling great!!!

BlondeOne
on 3/27/12 8:02 am - Roy, UT
Hey all!

Sorry it's been so long since I posted.  I had my VSG done on 3/12/12!!!  Finally!!!!  The only problem with the surgery was when they put the IV in.  They did it wrong the first time, so they had to take it out and put another one in, so that sucked!  Other than that, all went well.  I only took one week off, so back to work that following Monday.

The first week I had some stomach cramping from the air that was swallowed with food/liquid, but it seems to have gone away now.

I had the one incision through the belly button.  It seems to be healing well, but the right side is still open a little and draining.  The Dr. said that was normal and could last up to a month, so I've been putting a band aid over it.  I just hope it closes and heals right...

Thus far, 2 weeks out yesterday, I feel great.  This is the start of my third week.  I'm down 20 lbs, but 10 of that was from the post-surgery clear liquid diet.  I just started on soft foods this week and I'm trying things slowly.  I've only had some indigestion/heartburn.  What is safe to take for that??  Any suggestions?

Highest/Surgery Weight 230 Goal Weight 140 Current Weight 190
Starting BMI 36.6 Current BMI 28
My height is 5'7.

skinnytra77
on 3/27/12 8:53 am
 I am 2 weeks out today and I am down 9 lbs since surgery.  Glad to see that seems to be the norm.   I give you a lot of credit going back to work after one week.   I go back to work tomorrow.   The first week all I did was basically sleep.   Glad you are doing well
BlondeOne
on 3/27/12 11:04 pm - Roy, UT
Awesome!  Yeah, I thought it would be tough going back to work after one week because I was just hanging out and resting for the most part, but it wasn't too bad.  By Wednesday of being back to work, I was feeling back to normal.

Good luck today at work!

Highest/Surgery Weight 230 Goal Weight 140 Current Weight 190
Starting BMI 36.6 Current BMI 28
My height is 5'7.

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 49 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 49 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 215 views