Only One Pound????

LISA C.
on 3/27/12 7:22 am - NJ
VSG on 02/22/12
I will be five weeks out tomorrow. I have lost ONE POUND this past week. That's it.  I am so frustrated I could cry.

I knew to expect a stall, I thought I was prepared, but.... I'm really bummed.  Only one pound, this soon out, is frustrating.

Lisa
Amanda S.
on 3/27/12 7:29 am - Mayfield, KY
VSG on 02/21/12
you are so not going to like hearing this! Be patient, keep hydrated and keep up your protein. I just came off of a 13 day stall. My problem was mostly constipation. Took care of that and I've seen a drop each day since. Good luck!! Hubby made my son promise to protect the scale if mommy tried to throw it out the window :)

tamou37
on 3/27/12 9:22 pm - Toronto/Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Hi Amanda, how did you take care of the constipation? thanks.

Sleeved on 26/02/12 By Doctor Al Taie in Dubai

LisaR1975
on 3/27/12 7:32 am - MI
VSG on 03/13/12
I am 2 weeks out and I had my post op today.  I lost 2 lbs this past week.  I was bummed as well but then the nurse said that I've lost 18 lbs total and that's almost 20% of my excess weight lost.  Gone forever.  She also gave the example of a person who has a BMI in the 50's that they may have lost 40 lbs in 2 weeks but the percentage of excess weight lost would still be the same as me.  They just had more to lose.  So that made me happy.  She said that I'm right on track as to where I'm supposed to be.  Plus I know I'm losing inches because I can fit into jeans that I could not 2 weeks ago AND there is a little room to spare in them :) 
Jenmc_70
on 3/27/12 7:37 am - TN
Dont get frusrtated. It will come off. One pound off is better than one pound gained. Keep on track and the benifits will be worth it.
rhearob
on 3/27/12 7:38 am - TN
 Amen,  I know how you feel.  There are lots of reasons for stalls and slow downs.  I keep channeling my surgeon telling me to stay on plan.  

As I have progressed out I have noticed that I went from losing a little bit every day to fluctuating.  I also have noticed that I have a really big loss one month and the neext month its smaller.  For example in january I only lost 11.6 lbs, but in February lost 17.  As much as I want it to be a straight line, the curve that fits my weight lost best is a 6th order polynomial (I'm an engineer, don't laugh LOL).

At the end of the week it always comes out to a net loss.  Just stay on your diet and exercise plan, keep drinking as much water as you can, and it will come off.  Keep your spirits up!

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

SouthernmostStar
on 3/27/12 8:16 am
VSG on 01/25/12
Lisa, I absolutely know how you're feeling right now.  I didn't get the stall at three weeks that people talk about.  I also stalled five weeks post-op.  After terrific rapid weight loss, I then didn't lose a single pound for almost two weeks.

I was cranky, miserable, frustrated, angry -- it was horrible, even thought I knew that it was temporary!

Once the stall ended, I went back to losing between half a pound and a full pound a day.

The best suggestions I can give is to remind yourself that the stall is not permanent and will pass and to stick to your food plan and exercising.  Don't deviate from doing what you're supposed to.  You'll be thrilled when your weight starts dropping again!

Good luck!
Mary

Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Kevin H.
on 3/27/12 8:31 am - Baltimore, MD
VSG on 02/06/12
 I think most of us have been there and done that.  Just keep in mind though, it takes 3500 excess calories to make 1 lb of fat.  Unless you are eating way more then you should be, I really don't think your getting fatter.  Water weight and your body's needs will fluctuate.  This doesn't mean you are not burning fat or loosing inches just because the scale isn't moving.  Keep your chin up!

Pkrplyr777
on 3/27/12 9:26 am - CT
What everybody said...so true.

But in reality...you gonna lose weight... you got no choice right now. LOL

Just follow the plan no matter what the scale says.

You
wil see.

((hugs))
donna
  HW/233 *  SW/212 * CW/133 *GW/132 * 100 Pounds of FAT gone FOREVER!

Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple~Dr.Suess            
tamou37
on 3/27/12 9:21 pm - Toronto/Dubai, United Arab Emirates
same here. I am almost 5 weeks out and hasnt lost any for the last three weeks. crying alot each time I step on the scale. frustrating............

Sleeved on 26/02/12 By Doctor Al Taie in Dubai

Most Active