question

msharp
on 3/28/12 10:56 am - Holland, MI
VSG on 02/29/12
Ok  so  tonight  I had  sugar free  pudding  for  first  time. Why  is  it  that  certain foods, like this I  feel like  I  can  eat  the  whole  box  with  no issue?  Drives  me  nuts.   I  feel like  after  few  bite  it  should  fill me up,  and  sometimes   does not.    Why  is  that? 

Mary

happyteacher
on 3/28/12 11:00 am
 Could be a slider for you.  Something that empties out of the stomach quickly.  That mixed with it being a potential trigger food could spell trouble for some of us.  I also am respond the same way, so I am unable to keep it in the house.  I would eat a 4 pack no problem, and sugar free empty calories will not lead me to goal.  Sugar free jello is a little different- at least there is a little protein in there with super low calories.  That I will make up every so often.  

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

ND2BTHN
on 3/28/12 8:50 pm - Canada
VSG on 01/16/12
 Need to keep in mind that pudding is also a soft mushie and not dense enough to really cause any restriction yet. Like water, it will just slide through much quicker than chicken would, so it won't sit there long enough to feel the restriction. Since this is a potential slider food, this is where your mental need for restriction comes in. Since you know you can eat a lot of it, it is best to measure out only 2-3oz's or 1 pudding cup at a time, and keep the rest out of sight. Could also add in some extra protein powder. This messes with the taste a bit, and you won't feel like eating too much of it then.

HW: 235   SW:227   Preopw:218   GW:120   HT:5'3  
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 79 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 291 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 343 views