Surgery and that time of the month...

saraw79
on 3/28/12 12:16 pm, edited 3/28/12 1:26 pm - MI
VSG on 05/07/12
My Surgery is scheduled for May 7th 2012..

i just realised that I will be on my period during my surgery.. Did anyone else have their period during...

Pre op diet 224
Surgery day 212
month 1 to 2 i lost 9.6 pounds
month 2 to 3 i lost 7 pounds
month 3 to 4 i lost 6.2

SoSoHappy
on 3/28/12 12:22 pm - CA
VSG on 04/09/12
I share your concern.  I am so scared that I am going to get it near my surgery date.  I will be very interested in any responses you get.  Thanks for raising the issue.
phillygirl8133
on 3/28/12 12:25 pm - PA

i too will have my period while getting the surgery i look at it like who cares lol ill be in so much pain on on pain meds what a little bit a cramps and blood atleast it wil all be over by the time ur almost out the hospital

girlingarden1
on 3/28/12 12:34 pm - Tuckerton, NJ
VSG on 02/27/12
I didn't have it during, but I went into surgery with very very low iron, and 2 days after surgery WHAM hello TOM.  Talk about feeling drained.  Good luck, ask Dr about beefing up iron if needed.
Alison 

TexasLovely
on 3/28/12 12:48 pm
 Congrats on getting a date! :)
Actually I had mine too, and they said it was common for us to start so close to surgery date.
They usually just give you a pad to put between your legs, or you put some panties on which they may have to take off of you if you need to be cathed. And like the other poster said, you won't give a crap afterwards. The pain medications help tremendously;)
Jennchap
on 3/28/12 1:00 pm - CA
I did... they just put on my big ole pad :) seemed pretty routine... did suck after cause I had to get outa bed more often to change tampons and i wanted to veg out on pain meds lol

HW 275   SW 229   CW 136 

C. Harvey
on 3/28/12 1:54 pm
VSG on 01/11/12
I have Polycistic Ovary Disease...I have one period a year....it will pop up at different times...I never know when to expect it...but the morning I woke up to leave for the hospital I had started my period...and I was on it for a good almost 2 weeks (where I dont have one alot I bleed for awhile). Good luck!!

alasvolattpropriis
on 3/28/12 10:41 pm - MA
VSG on 02/08/12
I got mine the afternoon before, called the Dr. & she said no problem you will be just more miserable than most people. When I got to the hospital they gave me a pad & panties. When I woke up I had a catheter in,  pad, and panties still on. Not a bad experience at all.

firefly2000
on 3/28/12 10:44 pm - NJ
VSG on 03/20/12
 Yes, I got my period the morning of surgery!!!  They said that I couldn't wear a tampon, so they gave me a maxi pad, and mesh panties to wear. Oh well....a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do!!

Lesley
AdeanaMarie
on 3/28/12 11:38 pm - MI
VSG on 03/08/12
I was suppose to get mine during the surgery time frame... but losing weight on the pre-op diet, or maybe the pre-op diet itself made mine come a week early.  I leaped for joy.  But, do not fret, having it during will be okay... the nurses will help you take care of things.  At least the pain meds might help with the cramps.  :O)

“Not many of us are living at our best.  We linger in the lowlands because we are afraid to climb the mountains.  The steepness and ruggedness dismay us, and so we stay in the misty valleys and do not learn the mystery of the hills.  We do not know what we lose in our self indulgence.  What glory awaits us if only we had the courage for the mountain climb.  What blessing we should find if only we would move to the uplands of God.?  JRM

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 167 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 444 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 464 views