NSV

P_B
on 3/31/12 11:58 pm - Norfolk, VA
So i am litterally 4 months post op! and rocking this sleeve hard core! Ive been in a semi stall since 3 months post op only loosing 2 or 3 pounds, I know what its because of and I am making the necessary corrections in my life to fix it. Anyways on to my amazing NSV!!!
Last year just about this time we went to Bush Gardens, obviously I gorged on Churros, icecream, little italys handmade cataloni you know the normal thing, and I barley yes barley squeezed into the seats on all the rides. That was about 100 pounds ago.
I am so proud to say I didnt sit down once becuase I was tired, or out of breath. My feet are a little swollentoday but you spend 9 hours in a theme park and tell my how yuor puppies are doing lol
THough I still had this irrational feer that I woudlnt be able to ride.
Seriously my mind was playing games with me, but I was able to ride all of the rides more that 2twice and never even had to "suck it in" or "squeeze" into one freaking thing.
VSG friendly food does not exist in most of the park, the BBQ place and I became friends, obviously i know the sauces are not ideal but you do what you can with what you have

I hope all my fellow sleevers are having a great week!

onemoretry
on 4/1/12 12:09 am - GA
VSG on 03/21/12
Congrats on your NSV! I am a roller coaster junkie and have not been to 6 flags in a few years because of the same fears you had. I am hoping to go this summer. Wishing you continued success!
HT: 5'4"      HW: 251  SW: 237  CW: 172 GW: 135 
LilySlim Weight loss tickers
"You can control how much water you drink, how much protein/carbs/cals you consume, and how much you exercise. FOCUS on those and not the scale, because no matter how hard we try, we do not control the scale." ~  acbbrown

debk21
on 4/1/12 12:10 am - Mansfield, TX
I LOVE Busch Gardens!  I also went there when I was obese.  You have inspired me to go back now...and I will find the BBQ place too...congrats on your weight loss and wonderful NSV!

Deb

Goal Reached in 12.5 Months
HW: 274   Pre-OpW: 266   SW: 254   CW: 125  GW: 145

You must permanently change your lifestyle if you want your weight loss to be permanent. You can do it!

dragnsfairy
on 4/1/12 12:10 am
WOW it's so wild you put this post out there! Roller coasters are actually what started me on the quest for information about WLS. Every Halloween we go to a different theme park as a family vacation. The year before last we went to Busch Gardens and boy did I hate having to try those "for our special guests" seats out. I ended up missing out on 2 coasters. I swore then I wouldn't go to another theme park till I could fit in the seats. My goal I put on here was to be able to ride coasters without trying those "special" seats. Congratulations!! That is wonderful news!! Keep up the hard work!
Thanks!!

DF 

Feystorm
on 4/1/12 4:19 am - CA
VSG on 03/14/12
Rollercoasters are on my "after surgery to do list."  I used to love them all the time.  But as I got bigger, it became harder and harder to fit, not to mention embarassing.  I am looking forward to this summer - I have plans of going to Magic Mountain for the first time since I moved to SoCal.  Being able to sit in a seat and just enjoy the ride is something I can't wait to do.

HW:242 Start of Preop Diet:  217  SW:200 CW:116.8 GW: 115;  SOCAL MEETUPS GROUP!:  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/socalhallo2012/