Full Disclosure

Daisy_Rose
on 4/1/12 8:25 am
 This weekend I ate.  I hit about 850-900 calories each day and only exercised one day. I had half an Angus hamburger and Caesar dressing on my salad.  

I could use excuses of being with my family at the hospital (my mom had a stroke). But I won't use an excuse.  I blew it. 

"Confession is good for the soul". But I don't feel mush better. 

VickyBT
on 4/1/12 8:28 am - MI
So 900 calories a day is too much?!
"Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
 Willing is not enough; we must do.? ~Johann von Goethe

VSG Aug. 30, 2011 HW 266 SW 249 GW 166 lbs.

Daisy_Rose
on 4/1/12 8:29 am
 I am usually between 800-850 while losing. Can't seem to get more down.  

Michelle H.
(Rainbomama)

on 4/1/12 8:31 am - LA
VSG on 02/27/12
Well, the upside to this is that you're not a couple days or weeks out and doing something so stupid. From what I've read on here, you're doing the same things MANY others before you have done. Pick yourself back up, dust the crumbs out of your lap and move forward.
debk21
on 4/1/12 8:32 am - Mansfield, TX
10 lashes with a wet noodle for you!!!  Don't sweat the 50 calories, you probably needed them to not go nuts at the hospital.  I mean, it's not like you were gorging on brownies or anything.  I think you'll be okay!

Deb

Goal Reached in 12.5 Months
HW: 274   Pre-OpW: 266   SW: 254   CW: 125  GW: 145

You must permanently change your lifestyle if you want your weight loss to be permanent. You can do it!

VickyBT
on 4/1/12 8:36 am - MI
That's crazy!
You can lose weight eating 1000 - 1200 calories a day so don't sweat it if once in a while you go over 850.  Actually its good for your metabolism to mix it up...like one day eat 1000 and then next 2 days 800 or whatever.
"Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
 Willing is not enough; we must do.? ~Johann von Goethe

VSG Aug. 30, 2011 HW 266 SW 249 GW 166 lbs.

sunnymicki
on 4/1/12 8:36 am
I am very sorry about your mom.

But I want to say, watch out for the all or nothing, kind of fatalist attitude that can overtake us.  There is a wide range of gray between "blew it" and "doing fantastic."  I'd say that 850-900 calories/day isn't even close to "blew it."  Shoot, you only went 50 or so over your normal day.

If you are beating yourself up over  50 calories and working out "only" one day when your mom had a stroke, you could fall into a trap of doing more negative things because you are feeling negative about yourself.

Be gentle with yourself.  Look for areas to improve, but also be realistic.

5'9" All weight lost post-op. Goal weight determined by body composition testing.

slimpickins5280
on 4/1/12 8:40 am - CO
I think of all the things many "former fatties" have to do the hardest one is to learn how to forgive themselves/ourselves. Guilt seems to only lead to more bad behavior in my experience. IMO, guilt shuts down progress.

Whenever my kids get hard on themselves I make them go look in the mirror and say 3 things (they have to be different every time) that they LOVE about themselves. Trust me, it's not an easy thing to do.

So you fell into an old behavior in an extreme situation. Learn from it and then LET IT GO.

Example: When my cat was a kitten he decided the fastest way from the top of the stairs to the bottom of the stairs was to jump the 2 flights. He did it once (yes, he's still alive.).

Next time be prepared to change the behavior.

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

Could_It_Be
on 4/1/12 9:23 am
 So sorry about your mom. So you ate a little too much, what's on the menu for tomorrow??

Its just one day in this long journey and as long as you can keep it to very rarely, you are still gonna be successful.

((hugs))

VSG on 6/22/11
newme2011-2012
on 4/1/12 9:27 am
The interesting thing is you will probably have a big loss.. Your body won't know what happened . That's what happens when I eat higher calories and carbs..
Don't beat yourself up.. You are doing fine!!
Julie
  Highest weight 330 - GW 150  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 400 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 427 views